Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Of course to has. This new strain has been discussed on doctors.net for at least 6 weeks, more transmissible and probably no more pathogenic was the word at the start of November. This was inevitable and has only been made worse by over promising and then having to row back. Underpromising and over achieving is always a better strategy.
Been as I've never heard of, let alone looked on that forum I shant comment on how obvious it was.

That ebong said. The course we had booked can still hold breaks. So they're still OK....

When we went into a national lockdown last time, Kent wasn't a risk and yet got treated like the areas that were. This time Kent and London etc has stricter rules yet others don't. I. Can't see the logic tbh.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Of course to has. This new strain has been discussed on doctors.net for at least 6 weeks, more transmissible and probably no more pathogenic was the word at the start of November. This was inevitable and has only been made worse by over promising and then having to row back. Underpromising and over achieving is always a better strategy.

Expect the worst then you will never be disappointed! It's how I play golf

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been as I've never heard of, let alone looked on that forum I shant comment on how obvious it was.

That ebong said. The course we had booked can still hold breaks. So they're still OK....

When we went into a national lockdown last time, Kent wasn't a risk and yet got treated like the areas that were. This time Kent and London etc has stricter rules yet others don't. I. Can't see the logic tbh.

People will still break because I still think these are guidelines not law unlike Wales who made it law

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

That forum is only for GMC registered doctors. There is a lot of discussion and updates from doctors involved in treating Covid, and with expertise in virology, immunology and infectious diseases.

This new strain will be all over the country soon. Those laughing at London and the SE now may soon not be laughing.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Golf closed in Wales. Bad news.

the folk screaming “don’t risk lives by opening up for Christmas“ are now complaining about the tightening of regulations. Ho hum.
On the plus side.

You are allowed to congregate to talk to an imaginary entity that is reposmsibile for all the good in the world but has a get out for the bad....

D

Deleted member 16999

That forum is only for GMC registered doctors. There is a lot of discussion and updates from doctors involved in treating Covid, and with expertise in virology, immunology and infectious diseases.

This new strain will be all over the country soon. Those laughing at London and the SE now may soon not be laughing.
Why do you say it’ll be all over the Country soon? Hasn’t there been other mutations that haven’t spread as badly?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Imo Xmas should have been cancelled for all.

If nobody is allowed to mix then it's a lot easier to police.

It's how it should have been to start with imo

1 day (2 at a push.. ) 5 was crazy

Then travel? Should have capped it at 50 miles or maybe in the same area or something

Form Xmas bubbles with people you know rather than try to make it normal

Say your a family of 4 families split into 2 smaller families and have small gatherings

Or meet with your neighbour or anything

I knew people who were going from Nottingham to Essex for 5 days .. that's just stupid.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I tend to agree re the spread.

Althiugh I've not seen much laughing....

I don’t think folk have been laughing at London, apart from the numptys. In fact some folk were narked that it seemed London/ the south was getting favoured tiers. Some parts of London were equivalent to parts of the north yet north in tier 3 London in tier 2. But who was to blame for that. Londoners or the people making the decisions.
This new strain is not a laughing matter.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why do you say it’ll be all over the Country soon? Hasn’t there been other mutations that haven’t spread as badly?

It is already around the whole country, albeit more common in the SE. It is the nature of more transmissible strains that they become more dominant. In practice, more transmissible strains increases the number of cases by reducing the time they take to move through the population.

D

Deleted member 16999

It is already around the whole country, albeit more common in the SE. It is the nature of more transmissible strains that they become more dominant. In practice, more transmissible strains increases the number of cases by reducing the time they take to move through the population.
So without upsetting anyone on here, if it’s already around the whole Country, why not put everyone in tier 4 or would that make no difference to this strain?

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
And no one complains about professional sport being allowed to continue, with all their hugging and kissing each other. Two faced. You'll all sit in your armchairs watching it on TV coz you've already forked out the readies for it, but won't condemn it. Just why is that?

I'll never trust anyone again. They are all liars and cheats and only in it for themselves. We have been badly let down.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And no one complains about professional sport being allowed to continue, with all their hugging and kissing each other. Two faced. You'll all sit in your armchairs watching it on TV coz you've already forked out the readies for it, but won't condemn it. Just why is that?

I'll never trust anyone again. They are all liars and cheats and only in it for themselves. We have been badly let down.

Amount of testing they go through to keep it going ...

Plus they can't work from home lol

Keeps the population entertained a bit which right now everyone needs a slight bit of normality

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
So without upsetting anyone on here, if it’s already around the whole Country, why not put everyone in tier 4 or would that make no difference to this strain?

Chris Whitty said it was present in other parts of the country at the news conference, and it would be incredulous if it weren't. Recently, the more stringent rules oop North have kept it under some degree of control, but if those rules don't continue, cases will inevitably rise and they will disproportionately be the new strain.

I expect that discussion of some of the reasons for not acting elsewhere fall under a category prohibited by the forum rules.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don’t think folk have been laughing at London, apart from the numptys. In fact some folk were narked that it seemed London/ the south was getting favoured tiers. Some parts of London were equivalent to parts of the north yet north in tier 3 London in tier 2. But who was to blame for that. Londoners or the people making the decisions.
This new strain is not a laughing matter.
Not really that true Tashy. For a long time London was doing alright - and was well below the national averages. Only recently have the numbers climbed - and they've climbed damn quickly. My borough has gone from about 95 to about 350 per 100K in about 10 days. The mystery - to me at least - was why . As far as I can tell no-one round here has been doing anything different than they have for the past few months. Since lockdown 1, most have been acting reasonably sensibly, some acting stupid and ignoring rules. And its still like that - which is no real cause for the rapid change in numbers? The more transmissible new variant seems to suggest a reasonable explanation. Lets just hope that Tier 4 keeps the prevalence of new variant confined to the south east. But I'd not hold my breath.

As to those who despair about the images of places like Oxford Street, one would just say all things are relative. Comparatively, the street is pretty deserted in relation to what its normally like.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not really that true Tashy. For a long time London was doing alright - and was well below the national averages. Only recently have the numbers climbed - and they've climbed damn quickly. My borough has gone from about 95 to about 350 per 100K in about 10 days. The mystery - to me at least - was why . As far as I can tell no-one round here has been doing anything different than they have for the past few months. Since lockdown 1, most have been acting reasonably sensibly, some acting stupid and ignoring rules. And its still like that - which is no real cause for the rapid change in numbers? The more transmissible new variant seems to suggest a reasonable explanation. Lets just hope that Tier 4 keeps the prevalence of new variant confined to the south east. But I'd not hold my breath.

As to those who despair about the images of places like Oxford Street, one would just say all things are relative. Comparatively, the street is pretty deserted in relation to what its normally like.
The biggest spreader is the schools, and until they realise schools should have been shut ages ok nothing will improve.