Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yet you see those who don't give a rat's about it walking down the street no social distancing .. completely dancing on the graves of those who lost their life's to this illness.

With the greatest of respect have you tried walking down the street whilst also social distancing?! Shops are open and locks high streets are pretty busy so to wander about whilst also keeping distance is almost impossible. I think to say that they are ‘completely dancing on the graves of those who have lost lives’ is melodramatic to say the least.

RichA

Visit site
Having seen what i saw whilst working last night i think there could well be a third wave, but it will predominantly affect this younger, selfish stupid generation who seem to be immune from common sense and think rules designed to protect dont apply to them. And it may sound harsh but if a few of them start getting seriously ill/dying I'm afraid my sympathy levels will be very low to non existent :mad:
For what it's worth, I know plenty of younger folks who are blessed with great common sense and responsibility and many middle-aged and older people whose attitude over the last 12 months has been moronically selfish and short-sighted.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With the greatest of respect have you tried walking down the street whilst also social distancing?! Shops are open and locks high streets are pretty busy so to wander about whilst also keeping distance is almost impossible. I think to say that they are ‘completely dancing on the graves of those who have lost lives’ is melodramatic to say the least.

I'm not talking about average people .. people round here wear masks or give way if they can

I'm talking about those who drunkly walk along with their mate in a headlock etc or massive groups of people like 20 strong who are just people out for a jolly

Or my colleague at work who comes in and hugs another colleague .. friend hug it's like for crying out loud ... All this social distance to keep us safe at work and you do that just disrespectful

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
For what it's worth, I know plenty of younger folks who are blessed with great common sense and responsibility and many middle-aged and older people whose attitude over the last 12 months has been moronically selfish and short-sighted.

This is so true. The demographic in our little corner of Spain has a larger than usual collection of (Brit) coffin dodgers. Some are ultra sensible but others are plain stupid, especially with a few beers on board. Equally, the same applies to all the other age groups. Age has never equated to intelligence.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I realise ibwaa generalising but i was really commenting on what i witnessed last night. Big groups of lads and girls all merrily wandering from bar to bar arm in arm, climbing all over each other, a young 'lady' emptying the contents of her stomach all over the pavement, at half past 7. She did manage to get her mask down to her chin first (the bus left without her), it went on like this all night. I realise people are glad to be out and enjoying the good weather but this is the kind of behaviour that will see the pubs closed again, and i wonder who will complain the loudest if that happens?

RichA

Visit site
Don't forget that a massive number of the nurses, junior doctors, supermarket staff, etc, who got us through the last 12 months are members of the younger generation.
Twits will be twits at every stage of their lifecycle. The Essex shoppers we derided a few weeks ago all seemed middle-generation. The people who invited their elderly parents over to catch COVID from the grandchildren for christmas, also older.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I realise ibwaa generalising but i was really commenting on what i witnessed last night. Big groups of lads and girls all merrily wandering from bar to bar arm in arm, climbing all over each other, a young 'lady' emptying the contents of her stomach all over the pavement, at half past 7. She did manage to get her mask down to her chin first (the bus left without her), it went on like this all night. I realise people are glad to be out and enjoying the good weather but this is the kind of behaviour that will see the pubs closed again, and i wonder who will complain the loudest if that happens?

Plus the benders of the rules that are about

Oh pub has a 2 hour limit.. it's ok we booked a second slot right after in another name

Oh 6 person limit .. it's ok Dave booked a table aswell 12 of us can go

All ignored by the landlord and not checked ££££££

"Oh we just want pubs back , be grateful to just go for couple hours just few of us"

When it comes to it.. nope let's get round the rules

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Plus the benders of the rules that are about

Oh pub has a 2 hour limit.. it's ok we booked a second slot right after in another name

Oh 6 person limit .. it's ok Dave booked a table aswell 12 of us can go

All ignored by the landlord and not checked ££££££

"Oh we just want pubs back , be grateful to just go for couple hours just few of us"

When it comes to it.. nope let's get round the rules

Sadly this has been common across the board. Take golf, especially during lockdown one. Started as 'I would happily play on my own' to 'why can we no have two balls' to 'surely it causes no harm to meet up as a 4 ball once we are out of sight of the clubhouse' to 'can we have roll ups' to 'can we buy food to takeaway' to 'what harm is there is standing around chatting whilst we eat our takeaway' to 'lets bring some beers and have a drink in the car part whilst we eat our takeaway food' etc. In a very short time at one local club I know, it had changed from leave your car, you are only allowed on the facilities 10 minutes prior to your tee time to warm up and leave immediately after with all golf in 2 balls to groups meeting in the car park in advance to arrange roll ups, joining in 4 balls after the first hole then all meeting for a can of beer and a 'takeaway' sandwich in the car park after.

Not having a dig at any particular group but there will always be those who try and bend the rules to suit them and those that let it happen. It is not unique to pubs, restaurants or anywhere else unfortunately.

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sadly this has been common across the board. Take golf, especially during lockdown one. Started as 'I would happily play on my own' to 'hy can we no have to balls' to 'surely it causes no harm to meet up as a 4 ball once we are out of sight of the clubhouse' to 'can we have roll ups' to 'can we buy food to takeaway' to 'what harm is there is standing around chatting whilst we eat our takeaway' to 'lets bring some beers and have a drink in the car part whilst we eat our takeaway food' etc. In a very short time at one local club I know, it had changed from leave your car, you are only allowed on the facilities 10 minutes prior to your tee time to warm up and leave immediately after with all golf in 2 balls to groups meeting in the car park in advance to arrange roll ups, joining in 4 balls after the first hole then all meeting for a can of beer and a 'takeaway' sandwich in the car park after.

Not having a dig at any particular group but there will always be those who try and bend the rules to suit them and those that let it happen. It is not unique to pubs, restaurants or anywhere else unfortunately.

Agree completely. Our society posts the group's the day before and we can only eat in those groups at the tables outside and play in them

Others you just see make larger tables

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Guy I played with yesterday got a text message as we were coming up the 18th fairway yesterday - it was his all clear for a covid test. Words failed me.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Guy I played with yesterday got a text message as we were coming up the 18th fairway yesterday - it was his all clear for a covid test. Words failed me.

Was it a PCR test or a rapid 30 min one? Because if the latter he doesn't had to isolate until he gets the results even if it takes more than 30 mins

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was it a PCR test or a rapid 30 min one? Because if the latter he doesn't had to isolate until he gets the results even if it takes more than 30 mins
The point is still that the guy thought he might have covid and so should sit tight until he knows for definite. That is the responsible thing to do. He gambled and could have infected others. If he was having the test for work purposes or just for the hell of it then that is a different matter.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The point is still that the guy thought he might have covid and so should sit tight until he knows for definite. That is the responsible thing to do. He gambled and could have infected others. If he was having the test for work purposes or just for the hell of it then that is a different matter.

That is the significant piece of information missing. My wife has to take tests in advance of visiting sites etc, another friend who is a carer has tests all the time and there is a difference between having a test because you have to show that you do not have covid and having a test because there is a chance that you do.

If it were the later, i would be furious that someone had left me open to that risk.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site

I used to do them at work twice a week till last week. Lamp test. You post it that morning in a box and got results at 5pm.

Funnily enough last week I got a text while playing golf and announced I didn’t have covid so we could all share a snog.
Now I’m not sure if I got a funny look by the chap who works at a hospital thinking I did a PCR test or because I said we could snog! ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Surely it depends on the circumstances

Was it a test for work purposes to ensure he doesn’t have Covid
or

Was it because he was exposed to someone with symptoms or had symptoms himself

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

That was exactly what I was asking?

If PCR test you isolate until the results as you have symtoms or a positive LFT

However If he doing symptomless LFT twice a week that are 30 mins but can take longer to come through then he did nothing wrong