Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Well, the blurb talks about percentages and a finite period before you get jab number two.

From The Grauniad last month,

"workers under 65 found that one dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine reduced the risk of catching the virus by 70% – and 85% after the second dose"

My understanding is that even if you are unlucky to catch the virus, having had the vaccine, you will be less likely to have any serious symptoms.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
My understanding is that even if you are unlucky to catch the virus, having had the vaccine, you will be less likely to have any serious symptoms.
As I understand it....".
The vaccine does not protect you from 'catching' the virus. I.e. It is not a force field around you keeping the virus from your body.
If the virus gets into your body, however, the vaccine has already provided an 'army' within your body which will attack the virus and nullify or greatly reduce its attack on you.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I'm not even thinking about that. Still taking the same precautions I was prior to the vaccine - for me and others.
I am currently at a kids football tournament. Some people do not share your precautions ?
Its a joke this kind of activity started the same time as golf.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
As I understand it....".
The vaccine does not protect you from 'catching' the virus. I.e. It is not a force field around you keeping the virus from your body.
If the virus gets into your body, however, the vaccine has already provided an 'army' within your body which will attack the virus and nullify or greatly reduce its attack on you.

But for the same reason, it will massively reduce the risk of you spreading it. The vaccine will stimulate your immune system to work to make sure the virus has a short stay and does not replicate and therefore create new virus for shedding and transmission to someone else.

The great majority of vaccinated people will not experience symptoms and those who do will generally have a much milder course.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Guys the thread is about how the Corona Virus has affected us

Can we all keep on topic please ?
QED. Others post with political undertones seemingly with impunity - I post and immediately there is push back with the usual political complaint...and with the usual suspects approving ?.

Dear Mods. I did not do the original post including reference to ‘woke’ - or did that not get noticed...I simply gave a definition of the word as had been requested by another post - and the general context in which it is used.

My post also noted my not understanding why ‘woke’ had been pulled into a conversation about the virus...so in fact I was on the side of the mods.

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
QED. Others post seemingly with impunity - I post and immediately there is push back with the usual political complaint...and with the usual suspects approving ?

No the thread went off topic and needed steering back on course, if you are reading that as an anti SILH post then that is down to your paranoia and nothing else

Note that your above post was edited after my reply ?

Last edited:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
They’re doing the 75 to 79’s here. Hoping that the original Sept date will be now sometime in May. Second dose is within 3 weeks here.

Other than the pensioners the vaccine is not being doled out in age group here, more to do with what job you have (i.e front line, essential workers, public sector & public services workers etc etc)

Vaccine supplies are very limited so working in a private sector office job I’ve no idea if I’ll even get one this year (can’t blame them but with countries like the UK over-ordering for current needs I don’t see that changing too quickly either & there will be plenty countries worse off than here, so globally this is here for the long haul ready to re-enter any country that thinks it has it beat)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Got mine this afternoon, Wife had hers on Sat, Over 50's. she was ill for 3 days with Flu like symptoms as were a couple of her friends who had it the same time. we have the AZ vac. my mate the Doc who i played with yesterday said that was a good sign as showed " immune response"