Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was all looking so good too... Unfortunately we got a new patient zero that flew in and 'missed' the quarantine, so we have another lockdown (2nd) and our first covid related deaths in almost a year!
All that good work undone and now there's folk getting ill again :cry:
I didn't want to click the like button as there is nothing to like about this post. Sorry to hear this, hopefully it will be quickly surpressed.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
And it begins. Man City and Spurs are allowed 2000 fans each at the Carabao cup final but those who are classed as clinically vulnerable are not able to attend. Not commenting on whether excluding these groups is right or wrong (I am not even sure that the definition of clinically vulnerable is) but it was always going to kick off if you allow certain members of society to do something whilst specifically excluding another group from doing the same thing.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
And it begins. Man City and Spurs are allowed 2000 fans each at the Carabao cup final but those who are classed as clinically vulnerable are not able to attend. Not commenting on whether excluding these groups is right or wrong (I am not even sure that the definition of clinically vulnerable is) but it was always going to kick off if you allow certain members of society to do something whilst specifically excluding another group from doing the same thing.

It's a small percentage of the population. No qualms from me.

• solid organ transplant recipients
  • people with specific cancers:
    • people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy
    • people with lung cancer who are undergoing radical radiotherapy
    • people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
    • people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
    • people having other targeted cancer treatments that can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
    • people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
  • people with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
  • people with rare diseases that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID), homozygous sickle cell disease)
  • people on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection
  • problems with your spleen, for example splenectomy (having your spleen removed)
  • adults with Down’s syndrome
  • adults on dialysis or with chronic kidney disease (stage 5)
  • women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired
  • other people who have also been classed as clinically extremely vulnerable, based on clinical judgement and an assessment of their needs. GPs and hospital clinicians have been provided with guidance to support these decisions

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
just been for my jab, my you get asked to strange questions, the Doc was an oriental lady, no idea why she wanted to know if i had trouble getting erections??:LOL:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had the Oxford vaccination 8 weeks ago with no side effects.
But I'm a little concerned after having blood samples taken yesterday.

The nurse filled the 1st phial no problem but the blood flow stopped halfway filling the 2nd phial.
She had to go to my right arm to fill the 2nd phial.
I've had blood taken lots of times this has never happened before.

BTW, I know the old Tony Hancock joke, that's nearly an armful.

Have you been drinking gluhwein?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
1st day in the office for the new company. Felt weird to actually commute again, but I really wanted to meet the new boss. I got a desk on the 4th floor which has steps enough for 5 or 6 floors. Going to have to stop in the kitchen as base camp.
At my old place we had the 1st floor and it was lift only.

Oxford street didn’t look to busy, missing tourists I guess. And stores really take precautions. Got temperature checked at Apple and somewhere else.

And I walk past city golf every day. At which point can you ask a new employer for a pay rise? ;-)

D-S

Visit site
M5 southbound past Bristol has been like a Saturday in August (crawling nose to tail for 20 miles) for the past three days - the West Country is going to be overrun with visitors soon!