Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
A friend's son died last week in hospital just as he seemed to be recovering well from Covid.
Seemingly he suffered a sudden blood clot,
I don't know where the blood clot was/formed :cry:

One of the effects of the cytokine storm is hypercoagulability, excessive clotting, as well as blood vessel wall damage, which can lead to thrombosis. Sorry to hear about your friend's loss.

People often say that not many younger people die of Covid, and that is true. But when even a few younger people suddenly go, it really hits home.

And as I have warned before, we are storing up some bad sh!t for the future with a lot of Covid damage that has yet to play out. For example: Sky News report

Don't get Covid if you can avoid it.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
One of the effects of the cytokine storm is hypercoagulability, excessive clotting, as well as blood vessel wall damage, which can lead to thrombosis.
I had multiple PE about 6 years back, I think I should ask my GP in which risk bracket I sit as apparently I am more likely to develop clotting again.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Not in the US, where you stay in the car, and offer a shoulder.

Good job it's not given in the glutes?

Don't see much wrong with that, actually- but here they want you to sit for 15 mins after the jab in case of a reaction? Can guess why!
I chose to wait outside rather than sit amongst a dozen others indoors, even with a door open!

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
how much of the drop on the 2nd graph is due to vaccination? we are seeing a similar drop here in new cases, but I don't think the vaccine is the significant factor. this looks to me like they are a week or two behind us on the curve?
We've gone into lockdown, have they?

D

Deleted member 21258

how much of the drop on the 2nd graph is due to vaccination? we are seeing a similar drop here in new cases, but I don't think the vaccine is the significant factor. this looks to me like they are a week or two behind us on the curve?

Load up the equivalent two graphs from the UK(ie. age 0-59 and 60+ for cases and new severe cases), confirming what you say ?

SR Israel is in lockdown of a sort...

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I was celebrating last week that the daily covid vaccinations had reached almost half a million. Since then they've dropped dramatically. What's going on?

D

Deleted member 15344

Stats always fluctuate- since yesterday they did another half a mil and currently it’s at 7.5 mil vaccines administered, It always seems to ramp up to the weekend and then drop down again - maybe it’s staffing issues but they still seem to be on track - unless you read the red tops who react after each day

In regards other stats

The amount in hospital has dropped down now

On the 27th January, there were 30,846 patients in England, down 1,491 from the day before and down 3,490 from the peak on the 18th January.

The 7 day average of cases has greatly dropped and the level of deaths has plateaued

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stats always fluctuate- since yesterday they did another half a mil and currently it’s at 7.5 mil vaccines administered, It always seems to ramp up to the weekend and then drop down again - maybe it’s staffing issues but they still seem to be on track - unless you read the red tops who react after each day

In regards other stats

The amount in hospital has dropped down now

On the 27th January, there were 30,846 patients in England, down 1,491 from the day before and down 3,490 from the peak on the 18th January.

The 7 day average of cases has greatly dropped and the level of deaths has plateaued

Hopefully we're at/over the peak of this wave now. What we could really do with now is a good early spring so people can get out and meet friends/family outside like we had last year. It will do huge things for peoples moods, that coupled with the vaccines could make things look a lot brighter for the future

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
any reason why they cant convert Nightingales and GP surgeries to support roll out ... 24/7 is another option. Get the young ones vaccinated when they stumble out of night clubs or raves..

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
any reason why they cant convert Nightingales and GP surgeries to support roll out ... 24/7 is another option. Get the young ones vaccinated when they stumble out of night clubs or raves..
I don't think the issue is the ability to jab, it's supply of vaccine. Listening to gp's and others up here they are geared up to jab in droves but the supply can't keep up.