Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Speaking to someone in the trade, he mentioned, they are unlikely to reopen in a very long time. No appetite to open if the local lockdown is changed to lower grade - costs too much to train staff, get food and drinks - end up throwing evrything away when the local area goes up.. So be prepared for no pubs till mid summer

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
In a bit of an angry mood today. Was listening to talk sport and the list of summer sporting events. How long before we see calls for Olympic athletes, footballers in the euros, lions rugby players etc to get vaccinated early to allow these events to take place.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In a bit of an angry mood today. Was listening to talk sport and the list of summer sporting events. How long before we see calls for Olympic athletes, footballers in the euros, lions rugby players etc to get vaccinated early to allow these events to take place.

Cricket Australia already gone down that path ahead of their tour to SA...........

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Speaking to someone in the trade, he mentioned, they are unlikely to reopen in a very long time. No appetite to open if the local lockdown is changed to lower grade - costs too much to train staff, get food and drinks - end up throwing evrything away when the local area goes up.. So be prepared for no pubs till mid summer

that may be the case for some but certainly wont be for all, plenty will open up the day they can

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Im amazed tbh, feels like a disaster waiting to happen, lets hope im wrong

Seems like a pretty good way to get any new strains/mutations of the virus to spread around the world in the shortest possible time. People from every country on earth mixing for a few weeks in Tokyo and then going home doesn't seem like a great idea.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I understand that a considerable number of deaths occur in some people who appear to be getting better and then take a sudden and rapid decline. Is it known when this occurs? I believe the unfortunate patients who suffer this decline are in Intensive Care. I’m trying to get my head around the issue where someone appears to be recovering or perhaps holding their own and then suffers this tragic occurrence in so much as when do the professionals make the judgement that the recovery is ‘real’ and the irrecoverable relapse will not happen.
A friend's son died last week in hospital just as he seemed to be recovering well from Covid.
Seemingly he suffered a sudden blood clot,
I don't know where the blood clot was/formed :cry:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm guessing that they won't have drive through testing centres for those. "Now if sir wouldn't mind just dropping his trousers and sticking his backside out of the window".

Having thought about this, I suppose the tests could be self-administered. But that does mean, depending on the size of the swab, that there is the prospect of some who will be keen to do a much more thorough test than others. :)