Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Finally David seems through this in terms of fever and 48 hours without an upward spike in temperature - thank goodness.

Dogs and me are happy that I'm free to take them on nice long walks again.

It's the simple things...

Chuffed that things are looking up, me and Missis T at the moment have come this far relatively unscathed. We have had a few natters , one of which has been around the thinking that “ some folk may well look at things a bit differently with this Covid”.
Whats your thoughts Amanda me duck.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
All you need to know is when you were infected and use the mouthwash within 30 seconds then, simples. Mrs BiM uses mouthwash religiously & still got infected.

When the enquiry into this starts leave the politicians to second; the press & the media should be the first to explain themselves for some of the :poop: they've spouted.

I agree with that we need a lot of explanation from press & media.

However, back to the mouthwash study... it does not say it prevents or stops Covid. All it says is that it reduces the level of infection in patient's saliva. This should come as no surprise,.. if you pour alcohol on saliva, it is bound to kill the virus. Its the same as asking you to clean ur hands with a gel.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Chuffed that things are looking up, me and Missis T at the moment have come this far relatively unscathed. We have had a few natters , one of which has been around the thinking that “ some folk may well look at things a bit differently with this Covid”.
Whats your thoughts Amanda me duck.

Differently in what way? In terms of whether it's something worth the effort to avoid - 100%. We've always been of that mindset though.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks like a big chunk of the west of Scotland is heading towards Tier 4, which is basically a lockdown i.e. all hospitality venues and non-essentail shops closed etc. More grim news as 2020 staggers towards its end.

Official announcement will be tomorrow but we've been prepared to expect the worst.

That's a huge chunk of central Scotland now into Tier 4 and Tier 3&4 travel restrictions being upgraded from guidance to legislation.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Differently in what way? In terms of whether it's something worth the effort to avoid - 100%. We've always been of that mindset though.
?
Ave spoke to pals who before Covid were happy going out Friday & Saturday nights and having a skinful. Now there not bothered. And certainly not in packed pubs. A Bessie pal who had Covid back in April and his wife who now has Lupus, they have a Beadle. They have spent hours walking him. They did before, but they reckon it’s just a differant feeling, they enjoy it more. As you have said “ the simple things”.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At a site meeting late last week the client couldn't attend as he was self isolating owing to his wife having tested positive. Today I discover that the very next day he decided to visit the site to speak with our site lead and the client has now tested positive himself! :mad:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

However, back to the mouthwash study... it does not say it prevents or stops Covid. All it says is that it reduces the level of infection in patient's saliva. This should come as no surprise,.. if you pour alcohol on saliva, it is bound to kill the virus. Its the same as asking you to clean ur hands with a gel.
The Science of the Virus misunderstood or misrepresented - just as The Statistics of the Pandemic.

Tashyboy

Visit site
At a site meeting late last week the client couldn't attend as he was self isolating owing to his wife having tested positive. Today I discover that the very next day he decided to visit the site to speak with our site lead and the client has now tested positive himself! :mad:

similar to a PP who said His wife was not well. He played a round with us then booked a Covid test The day after. Him and his wife were positive. Tash had to isolate for 9 days ?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

It may well kill Covid at the time you gargle but you can't have a mouth full of mouthwash all the time, and Covid can also enter via the eyes. I don't think this is a game changer, apart from for Aldi mouthwash sales.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Think its for the whole of the UK, the announcements made, rather than for england :-

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...ion-of-efficacy-data-for-its-covid-19-vaccine

Further information on UK vaccines
We will know whether the vaccine meets robust standards of safety and effectiveness once their safety data has been published, and only then can the medicines regulator can consider whether it can be made it available to the public

We have secured early access to over 350 million vaccines doses through agreements with several separate vaccine developers at various stages of trials, including:

• 100 million doses of University of Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine – phase 3 clinical trials
  • 40 million doses of BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine – phase 3 clinical trials
  • 60 million doses of Novavax vaccine – phase 3 clinical trials
  • 60 million doses of Valneva vaccine – pre-clinical trials
  • 60 million doses of GSK/Sanofi Pasteur vaccine – phase 1 clinical trials
  • 30 million doses of Janssen vaccine – phase 2 clinical trials

Some of these vaccines will take a while to appear. The Oxford/AZ, Moderna and BioNTech are well known now, the Novavax and one of the Sanofi vaccs (they have 2) are broadly similar to those too, Valneva is an inactivated virus vaccine, so a bit old school by comparison. However, I predict that one will not be as effective as Moderna and BioNTech.

Without wishing to delve into forbidden forum territory, that list makes Matt Hancock's comment that Moderna wasn't ordered earlier because it wasn't going to be available until Spring look, ahem, odd, since at least 3 of those clearly won't be available until some time later.

U

User62651

Relieved to have got through a tiers revision today with no change, 11 local authorities moved into tier 4 though, clearly r number not improving, likely worsening there. Seems the more rural you are the safer you are, logical of course. Grim times but truly thankful to be missing the worst of it...... for now.

Tashyboy

Visit site
found this on Sky news which was reported earlier today. Couple of things about it. Primarily the Italians say they have proof that it was in Europe much earlier than originally thought. But does it mean the Covid originally started in Wuhan.

Coronavirus was circulating in Italy as early as September 2019, scientists there have claimed.

The World Health Organization says COVID-19 was unknown before the outbreak was first reported in Wuhan, in central China, in December. A few months later, the first official cases were detected in Europe.

However, scientists in Italy say they have found evidence the virus was circulating much sooner by checking blood samples of patients taking part in a cancer study.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
found this on Sky news which was reported earlier today. Couple of things about it. Primarily the Italians say they have proof that it was in Europe much earlier than originally thought. But does it mean the Covid originally started in Wuhan.

Coronavirus was circulating in Italy as early as September 2019, scientists there have claimed.

The World Health Organization says COVID-19 was unknown before the outbreak was first reported in Wuhan, in central China, in December. A few months later, the first official cases were detected in Europe.

However, scientists in Italy say they have found evidence the virus was circulating much sooner by checking blood samples of patients taking part in a cancer study.

There was a brief news piece around mid-March that suggested it had started in the USA, but it never seemed to gain much traction with the media. Never saw a follow up.

D

Deleted member 16999

There was a brief news piece around mid-March that suggested it had started in the USA, but it never seemed to gain much traction with the media. Never saw a follow up.
I read that Bri, all revolved around Trump closing down some of their CDC sites, including one in Hawaii, then we had some of the American Military taking part in an Athletics event in Wuhan and a few being admitted to hospital while there with flu like symptoms!

Proper tin foil hat stuff. Here’s one story:
https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/chinese-officials-blame-us-army-for-coronavirus-67267/amp

4LEX

Visit site

Question marks over this. If it was in Europe in September 2019, with no social distancing, being very infectious and over the winter/flu season too, why did it take over five months to become prevalent?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

What about Whisky?