Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well I am well and truly fed up with this bloody virus. I'm pretty much on the mend (touch wood) but David is on day 11 and still getting a fever. Yesterday he seemed so much better all day and then started to get chills in the evening and the shivering was just unreal :-( We spoke to the 111 on call doctor on Thursday and yesterday followed a protocol of Ibuprofen, 2 hours later Paracetomol and repeat but a very high temperature again this morning although has settled back down this past few hours. It just doesn't seem to want to let up...

Hoping today is the last day we have to stress about the bloody virus.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Well I am well and truly fed up with this bloody virus. I'm pretty much on the mend (touch wood) but David is on day 11 and still getting a fever. Yesterday he seemed so much better all day and then started to get chills in the evening and the shivering was just unreal :-( We spoke to the 111 on call doctor on Thursday and yesterday followed a protocol of Ibuprofen, 2 hours later Paracetomol and repeat but a very high temperature again this morning although has settled back down this past few hours. It just doesn't seem to want to let up...

Hoping today is the last day we have to stress about the bloody virus.

Hope he gets better soon Amanda, must be very worrying.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hope he gets better soon Amanda, must be very worrying.

Thanks and yes it is. I can be a bit of a worrier at the best of times when it comes to my loved ones health. So the slightest noise in the night has me awake - last night I hit full panic mode only to realise what I could hear was Barley snoring!

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Thanks and yes it is. I can be a bit of a worrier at the best of times when it comes to my loved ones health. So the slightest noise in the night has me awake - last night I hit full panic mode only to realise what I could hear was Barley snoring!

Sorry, but I did snigger when I realised that one of the beloved hounds was the cause of your panic.

D

Deleted member 15344

That’s not a great story for NCG to put out on the web - just get everyone reacting when it’s just the opinion of someone unrelated to any decision

It’s already been seen that R number coming down and local restrictions helped. The country can’t afford to stay in lockdown after 2nd Dec. Unless something dramatic changes I expect us all back to the Tiering system from 3rd Dec

Blue in Munich

Visit site
That’s not a great story for NCG to put out on the web - just get everyone reacting when it’s just the opinion of someone unrelated to any decision

It’s already been seen that R number coming down and local restrictions helped. The country can’t afford to stay in lockdown after 2nd Dec. Unless something dramatic changes I expect us all back to the Tiering system from 3rd Dec

I was up at my club on Friday doing a food Click & Collect & speaking to the Pro about one of the club teams I captain as there are issues sorting a match out. It would appear from what he said that it's not just the guy on the NCG site that thinks this lockdown will continue.

Still, as long as Christmas is safe...

D

Deleted member 15344

I was up at my club on Friday doing a food Click & Collect & speaking to the Pro about one of the club teams I captain as there are issues sorting a match out. It would appear from what he said that it's not just the guy on the NCG site that thinks this lockdown will continue.

Still, as long as Christmas is safe...

That would be the different message than what our captain has been told and a few others in areas or councils and local governments with all being told to be planning for return to tier stage

And yes Xmas is important to millions for many reasons from mental health and financial reasons.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
That would be the different message than what our captain has been told and a few others in areas or councils and local governments with all being told to be planning for return to tier stage

And yes Xmas is important to millions for many reasons from mental health and financial reasons.

Having just listened to the BBC News, the lifting of the lockdown is anything but certain.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It may be that we will stay in lockdown longer although I feel the PM will do something to ensure where possible the nation can have a Christmas of sorts. After that I maintain (no proof just a gut instinct) that we'll go into lockdown again for January and perhaps February. Given the conditions out there today I'm not missing it. Not sure NCG should be putting this out there until there is any evidence as it feels a little bit like scaremongering but if the current lockdown is extended then I don't see golf clubs getting any dispensation to come out of it

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Always felt there would be a fair probability of golf in England not returning on the planned date, but think it's too early for making decisions.

D

Deleted member 16999

The “R” rate is currently lower in the NE than when we went into National Lockdown, prior to that we were in a high tier and Golf Courses and a lot of leisure activities were allowed.

My 2 penny worth, we’ll come out of a National Lockdown and go to varying tier levels around the country, so some courses/activities will open be allowed and some may stay in Lockdown.

I think it will be too much of a Political gamble to extend the National Lockdown after the PM stated it would end on 2nd Dec.

”Note” The last paragraph is in no way to be taken as a political statement from me! No hidden agenda etc etc.