Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
His drugs aren't antibody drugs. They are RNA drugs which deliver small pieces of genetic code to perform certain actions. In some cases, these sorts of drug block development of unwanted proteins, but in the case of the Covid vaccine, to promote development of a protein (the Covid antibody) by introducing the genetic code for a key part of the protein spike of the virus which will trigger an immune response. The specific use of this as a "vaccine" is news, but the general principle has already been established.

A lot of the pathological processes in cancer cells are similar to processes that happen in immunological diseases, so similar drugs are now used across a wide range of conditions. It didn't use to be that way, when oncology drugs were quite distinct from most others, but as understanding of disease processes have improved, more elegant treatments with fewer side effects have come through.

cheers me man, mentioned it to Missis T but she didn’t have a clue.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
cheers me man, mentioned it to Missis T but she didn’t have a clue.

Oh, and I think Sahin and his wife are rock stars. They have created this company from nothing, developed a great technology and apparently they still live modestly - he cycles to work - despite their company now being very valuable.

Tashyboy

Visit site
OK - put that aside and the point remains about the disparaging and dismissing that some did - some of it being directed at specific individuals - and so it has come to pass...And if it is all us - Joe Public - who are at fault then let's hear it from those who made such remarks.

As far as 'extremely distasteful' and a 'new low'. Well some might think so - others might think it's only pointing out the truth of what was said. That what was said might have had an influence on many of us Joe Public that caused some of us to act and not follow the rules as we might have had the dismissals not been so vocal. And remember - it wasn't DfT who spoke the warnings back then...

When This Covid first struck Tash was laid up in Mexico. Seeing what was going off in this country from afar was eye opening people did not give a hoot. It almost Looked like it was a game. For me, the governments woeful response was only matched by the response of some of the public’s. At that time I was in touch with Italian outcast and close friends in Italy. They were a month in front of us and quite frankly my friends north of Milan were “ Mattoni di merda”. It was not nice. At that time I came under a certain amount of flack. Being on holiday, looking after grandkids etc etc. Quite frankly it bogged me off bigstyle. Since Ave been back people in the UK have become accustomed to the government opening “ air corridors” for travel and holidays. Grandparents looking after key workers kids to keep the country’s emergency services going. Etc etc. Things that we were doing back in March and April are now the norm And acceptable and more understandable.
What I have not said since is “ I told you so”. What would it serve apart from another argument on the forum which now becomes the norm. DFT may well be right, he don’t need or will get any acknowledgement that he is right. But the authorities however you feel about how they have handled this have not been helped by 700 turning up for raves, parties, 3 stuck in a tumble dryer etc etc.
If everyone had done there bit and I mean everyone, am sure those 20K deaths that DFT spoke about would not of happened.
like me, DFT and many others sometimes just need to let things go.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Oh, and I think Sahin and his wife are rock stars. They have created this company from nothing, developed a great technology and apparently they still live modestly - he cycles to work - despite their company now being very valuable.
Reading about him And Missis S they are very clever, however am not sure about him not having a telly, how’s he gonna watch the masters. ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Past couple of days I've been convinced I've also caught a cold as well as Covid. No covid symptoms but bunged up and sinus pain. Suddenly today my taste has gone and it's weird and not in a good way. Appetite has been very poor but suddenly fancied some bread with lashings of butter and marmite. Spread the brown stuff thick as owt and never tasted it. Lips burnt a bit but just nothing...weird. Didn't expect that to start a week after testing positive.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sitting in my house yesterday watching builder over the road throwing some new wood off cuts in the skip.
Went over and rescued it ( skip diving I did ask first ) and have built my daughters school a mud kitchen out of it.
Very satisfying and am on the look for some more to keep me busy.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Past couple of days I've been convinced I've also caught a cold as well as Covid. No covid symptoms but bunged up and sinus pain. Suddenly today my taste has gone and it's weird and not in a good way. Appetite has been very poor but suddenly fancied some bread with lashings of butter and marmite. Spread the brown stuff thick as owt and never tasted it. Lips burnt a bit but just nothing...weird. Didn't expect that to start a week after testing positive.

You're not having a good time are you. Stay strong. Some on here would tell you not tasting marmite is only a good thing but I'm with you on this. Just about to get some toast and marmite as a little snack watching the golf until HID gets home

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
You're not having a good time are you. Stay strong. Some on here would tell you not tasting marmite is only a good thing but I'm with you on this. Just about to get some toast and marmite as a little snack watching the golf until HID gets home

I've been pretty much ok and hate head colds - make you feel so rubbish when a sneeze is always about to happen but never does! Hopefully the taste thing is short-lived and will do some testing for tea and see if anything tastes like something!!

Tashyboy

Visit site
One of the lads who i know through the legion is an ex para. By eck he can sup Stella. Anyway he has had Covid. He has not had nor does he feel like having a drink for 3 plus weeks. Says it dont feel like him at all.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
One of the lads who i know through the legion is an ex para. By eck he can sup Stella. Anyway he has had Covid. He has not had nor does he feel like having a drink for 3 plus weeks. Says it dont feel like him at all.

I got in in February, I've only just got back to drinking too much beer (not sure if it is due to lockdown 2.0)

That lump in the throat when you drink to much. I had that pretty much all the time.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
50,000 UK deaths.
I recall all the insults I received from a few flat earth posters on here 6 months ago when I suggested at least 20,000 will die unless the authorities changed direction.
Sad times.
DFT Suggested it was a 'Few flat earth posters on here 6 months ago' what's that got to do with Piers Morgan Et Al? Get your stories sorted out please ?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Wednesday marked 200 days with no cases in the community, Thursday we have a positive case
(seems the bloke caught it from his dad who flew in from overseas and the quarantine/tests didn't prevent infection)

The news, while inevitable, still felt like being slapped with wet fish

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Me and all the kids have colds .. not covid defo just a cold.. but that doubt always creeps in with a cough or a sneeze

My mum is isolating and got a test wedsnesday...... Very impressed not only negative but 24 hours result? Brilliant .. she still has to follow isolating until Tuesday back to school wednesday (her day off so Thursday it will be) as per the bubble rules

My sister is isolating in her school bubble.. still waiting for her test.. but she went for home test rather than go there like mum did

Does make us feel better as we don't see my sister often.. and my mum we saw the day after she had contact with a positive student (she didn't know yet ofc) so it worried my mum

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Restaurant at Malaga hospital has been turned into a COVID ward. Numbers, nationally, rising at quite a pace, although we’re seeing quite a drop off locally.