Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Mmm, how has it affected me?

Honestly, as a long term sufferer of PTSD, and the daughter's recent blindness + 2 other daughters due to give birth very soon and a house move in the next month, the last couple of weeks have been very dark. We've, reluctantly, decided we won't travel till late Dec at the earliest.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

Honestly, as a long term sufferer of PTSD, and the daughter's recent blindness + 2 other daughters due to give birth very soon and a house move in the next month, the last couple of weeks have been very dark. We've, reluctantly, decided we won't travel till late Dec at the earliest.

You didn’t mention your feet ?

Sounds like a heavy time Brian, stay safe and sane Sir

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Hope things work out for you and your family Hobbs.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

Sorry to read all that. Hope things work out for the best for you and your family.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just over legal minimum rest. My own fault for grabbing some extra overtime...

After 20 years of (voluntarily) finishing at 10pm and returning at 7am, once every week, I feel your pain. ?

My first shift pattern had two quick changeovers every 4 weeks, 7am to 3pm, then 11pm to 7am two weeks later, rinse & repeat for 10 years. You have my sympathy.

D

Deleted member 25172

Got back to Sweden today, and feels strange that people look at you when wearing a face mask when going into the shops. Hasn’t really affected me as such, but just strange going from one place where it’s mandatory to a place were it’s alien.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Had to sit on my own in the clubhouse, single tables spread & set out so conversations with my playing partners was, well, not great, so I've decided to be a car park golfer whilst we’re in Tier 2.

A lot of members don’t reside in Cov and live in surrounding towns, which aren’t in T2 so can sit together, I see and play with my playing partners more than I see family, so why can’t they be classed as being in my bubble!

Getting pished off with it all now, it’s not going anywhere whilst people can travel freely around the world, so we can’t live like this forever, so let’s just crack on and get busy living!!

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So waiting at the bus stop for my first pick up this morning, a woman walks up and quickly chain smokes two fags, before jumping on and proudly showing me her ' exempt from wearing a mask due to breathing difficulties ' card. ?
Its not a virus thats going to finish us off, its selfishness and stupidity...

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had to sit on my own in the clubhouse, single tables spread & set out so conversations with my playing partners was, well, not great, so I've decided to be a car park golfer whilst we’re in Tier 2.

A lot of members don’t reside in Cov and live in surrounding towns, which aren’t in T2 so can sit together, I see and play with my playing partners more than I see family, so why can’t they be classed as being in my bubble!

Getting pished off with it all now, it’s not going anywhere whilst people can travel freely around the world, so we can’t live like this forever, so let’s just crack on and get busy living!!

I thought mixing of households wasn't allowed in Tier 2 so they shouldn't be sitting together. England Golf https://www.englandgolf.org/coronavirus/

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Good times will follow the bad ones... hang in there mate and keep the faith