Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

D

Deleted member 18121

I work in the financial industry and we use "chat rooms" to keep everyone up to speed on things and ask questions between teams.... Unfortunately as we all know from on here, sometimes things dont come across well in written form and would be better discussed face to face

End of last week tensions were building between a couple of guys (stuff I'm sure would have been fine face to face)... Today it absolutely exploded in a completely unprofessional way with them having a full on swearing fight that everyone else could read.

Stress. It's a horrible thing..... Just take a breath.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks like my wife has it. Had a persistent cough for 2 days now and her temperature is up. We don't have a huge house so very difficult for her to totally self-isolate but we're doing our best. She's not great but has no breathing difficulties at the moment so fingers crossed she doesn't get any worse.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Looks like my wife has it. Had a persistent cough for 2 days now and her temperature is up. We don't have a huge house so very difficult for her to totally self-isolate but we're doing our best. She's not great but has no breathing difficulties at the moment so fingers crossed she doesn't get any worse.
Good luck.(y)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

All the best mate.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Fingers crossed for you both.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really missing seeing my brother :cry: I have two sisters and two brothers but George and I are the only ones who still live in the UK. We speak on the phone at least once a week and try to meet up once a week as well. Chatted today and just really missed the plans to meet and the thought of not seeing him for at least a few weeks is tough. He lives alone, and is very self-sufficient and happy in his own company, but know he looks forward to our meetings as much as I do.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is what your up against. Idiots and rockets.

Had someone tell me last week we were infringing on his human rights.

http://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...-driving-due-to-boredom-and-shoppers-11965903
Reckon common sense has to be applied on both sides, shame it doesn’t always exist on both sides.
People having full on house parties need to be sanctioned. Not sure they do if they’re walking their dog or going for a run.
Heard a story about police insisting to see a strava app so the runner could prove he was out for less than an hour. Not seen any time limits in the guidelines

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Reckon common sense has to be applied on both sides, shame it doesn’t always exist on both sides.
People having full on house parties need to be sanctioned. Not sure they do if they’re walking their dog or going for a run.
Heard a story about police insisting to see a strava app so the runner could prove he was out for less than an hour. Not seen any time limits in the guidelines

National ID cards, tracking on phones and bank cards like South Korea. Innocent law abiding people have nothing to worry about.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Good luck... I am sure all of you will ride it out..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
They've made changes to our bin collections. It used to be
Brown bins (food and garden waste) - every week
Green bins (metal and plastics), blue bins (paper and cardboard) and grey bins (general waste), each being collected on a three weekly cycle.
They will now be collecting Green and Grey bins on alternate weeks.
Green bins remain metal and plastics, Grey bins take everything else.
We've found this out today as well - recycling bin used to be collected every week, today they didn't bother and it's going to be every two weeks. Only problem is the bloody thing is already full. Three of us being home all day every day tends to stack it up a lot quicker.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can you really isolate from your own spouse? If my wife caught it I'd just resign myself to the fact I'm getting it too - or the same vice versa. Hope all is well for you anyway.