Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't disagree that the behaviour of the whole population is important in our relationship with the virus.
I believe that policing that is seen as not related to any specific written law works against that.
With reference to old skiers remarks, while we were at dinner tonight my daughter described how the online chat at her (professional) firm is full of normal educated peoples' disquiet about the lack of legal justification for various measures which are being policed. I realise that this is anecdotal, but I imagine that a groundswell of such opinion exists across the country. And we can be sure that opinions and sentiment travels even faster than microorganisms.
Not wanting to belittle the conversation and yes I agree with respect rights and I am also of the opinion sometimes you do as your told from the authorities that matter ( not some self appointed person, commonly found on this forum).
But perhaps the press are doing their best to stir up what is not required given the current situation.. everyone is already on edge and getting a little tetchy with one another. Common benefit of the doubt is being cast aside as is common sense .. however if they are serial offenders nothing wrong with the police behaviour whatsoever.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Largely agree though Human Rights is one of the greatest rights we have....... its the abuse of it thats the problem like the abuse of anything. :) Your doing a great job, kidda though I fear that in the final examination we'll find that the NHS staff have been hung out to dry...... not enough testing is happening!!

Testing needs to be rolled out to everyone. I'd happily pay (if affordable) for my family.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
We've found this out today as well - recycling bin used to be collected every week, today they didn't bother and it's going to be every two weeks. Only problem is the bloody thing is already full. Three of us being home all day every day tends to stack it up a lot quicker.
We're in the same boat. Our been bin is full to the gunnels and the grey bin is being there. I'm hoping after a couple of weeks it will settle down

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Testing needs to be rolled out to everyone. I'd happily pay (if affordable) for my family.
Totally agree, some people could be spreading because they have a mild case.. plus there are different symptoms and they can all be misinterpreted .. so testing would smash the doubt, impact the stats and perhaps catch early stuff

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
personally if it gets me on the golf course faster I'd be happy for the police to knock the granny out of who they like. just stick to the rules.

All that people are being asked to do is adhere to the rules re isolation and slowing down the spread.

How difficult is that to understand. Only this country do you get mindless idiots who want to do their own thing and then quote human rights legislation. How about they kindly consider everyone else's human rights.

I can't understand the mentality of some people.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Lockdown isn't a difficult concept, nor is the police's authority to fine someone who abuses the emergency laws.

Is an hour's drive to the Peak District or the Lakes a necessary journey? If you want to go for a walk, step outside your front door. If you're in the car driving somewhere to go for a walk you deserve to be fined.

And £60? What deterrent is £60? €600 for a first offence over here, rising to €1500 stops people from being stupid.

"You're infringing my human rights!"
"No sir, I'm protecting society from idiots like you. Go on home, there's a good citizen."