Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had a horrible one about 6 weeks back, that last over 2 weeks. I've never had an upper resp tract infection like it. For 3 nights I had to try and sleep sitting up - felt like I was drowning, and the cough for a couple of days was almost constant.

Daughter#2 had something similar about the same time, back in the UK. She was a lot worse, not helped by asthma and Lupus. To say we were worried for her was a mild understatement.
I had the same about 6 weeks ago, the doctor said it was strep throat. and gave me a nasal spray.
BTW I'm on day 12 of isolation except for 2 quick shopping trips. When and if its over I'll probably be too big to get out the door :cry:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How many people are going to supermarkets just to buy booze? Very few would be my guess.

We are supposed to be making essential journeys only, is nipping to the offy for a few tins really essential? Sends entirely the wrong message imo.

at the weekend plenty were round here until they stripped the shelves dry

its not just that though is it, the supermarkets are still taking deliveries and trying to stock the shelves, be a lot easier for them just to say no more booze go to the offy surely and lighten their load to focus on the essentials

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
at the weekend plenty were round here until they stripped the shelves dry

its not just that though is it, the supermarkets are still taking deliveries and trying to stock the shelves, be a lot easier for them just to say no more booze go to the offy surely and lighten their load to focus on the essentials

How about they lighten the load by stopping restocking the clobber rails? Tesco, in these parts, have made a big deal of shutting the fresh fish and meat counters, to release staff for shelf filling, but have still ensured the clothing rails stay stocked...

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How about they lighten the load by stopping restocking the clobber rails? Tesco, in these parts, have made a big deal of shutting the fresh fish and meat counters, to release staff for shelf filling, but have still ensured the clothing rails stay stocked...

got to keep their high mark up items fully stocked ;)

does seem strange that they havent quite quickly reduced to a core of stock lines and stopped restocking anything outside that, there again I guess they probably only have so much warehouse space too and they dont want that overfull immediately either

cant say I envy anyone doing the job of supermarket manager thats for sure

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Day and a half in bed and I’m climbing the walls already ?

Only positive thing is my condition has improved greatly, I’m still coughing, but the sneezing and runny eyes have given way to a more congested condition, where I’m more stuffy even though I’ve got nearly every window open in the house!

Another decent nights sleep courtesy of Night Nurse will hopefully see it off, but it was quite scary in the manner it hit me, no advance systems, just Judas’d me when my guard was down ?
Welcome back to planet Earth buddy. Take it easy still. I know what you mean about wall climbing as HID is working at home for a few days and so bored (crap internet access) she is bombarding me with news updates, emails and texts. Some of us are trying to do some constructive work!!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
people just bot getting it..... on my way back from walking the dogsaw a group of runners, maybe 10 stong all grouped together though the islands and two polish guys who met on the corner by the SC, shook hands then gave each other a hug:rolleyes:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
You know what it dont matter, ave gone through this thread to see what ave done wrong.
You know what..nowt.

I came away when the FOC said it was safe. Others came on holiday after me, others were hoping they could still go on holiday Others on here who have slagged me off had there holidays to different parts of the world cancelled by the same FOC Goverment dept. I adhered to the rules and others have. The difference is what?
My holiday is cut short because of the planks of this world that feel it is urgent to go to skegness for a candy floss. They could not understand the severity of this Covid. Something that you the forum members mentioned in great detail.
Guess what I put on a post about travel and Covid. My travel was deemed safe, the travellers to skegness etc not. And it is met by rabid abuse.
Scarcasm and the customary name calling which is now the norm. At the same time I am.looking from afar at a country that has gone to ***. Panic buying, lack of social distancing, robbing of NHS badges, profiteering. My country looks ugly from afar.
Guess what I mentioned about having to look 2 kids when I got home. The Banshee wailing rea had fever pitch. My daughter had spoken to 111 re our situation. There answer, there are hundreds of thousands of kids that will be going from parent to parent. And grandparents. IT IS SAFE AS LONG AS YOU HAVE NO COVID SYMPTOMS.
We do not have to isolate because we are returning on a.plane..we have to isolate be cause stephen wanted his Candy floss at Skeggy.
You know what ave trawled through over 100 plus pages of this topic and I asked a question re who else could the government ask to get advice.
Ironically I found it on post 548 I think it was written by Ethan. It is the best post by a country mile on here and yet I feel hardly anyone has read it. It gave me the answers i were looking for yet my question was met once more with rammel.
This Covid topic had degenerated from an informative subject into the normal name calling sarcastic drivel that is becoming the norm. Grown men calling one another names.
I could go on, but am not gonna waste my breath.
Everyone look after yourselves.

In going; no comment.

In telling us how if we stop moving the virus stops moving from the other side of the Atlantic; if you can't see the stupidity & hypocrisy in that post then you're either beyond help or trolling for England.

Frankly if I was on the other side of the Atlantic I'd be far too busy having a good time to bother about posting on here. You could leave it alone and we'd be none the wiser, but you rub people's noses in it & wonder why there's a backlash? Incredible.

Buenos noches.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Why do you refuse to have it? Do you not care about the people around you who could potentially die if they caught the flu? Or yourself? I assume you’ve had other jabs in your life such as the MMR? Or maybe you’re selfish about those illnesses, too?

I've never had one, very selfish.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Tonight the Spanish brandy pixie arrived at my gate...:)(y)

"Buena, Brian? Que tal?" Roughly translated. Good, Brian. How are you? They are lazy in the south. They don't say "good evening," Buenas noches, just "good."

He put a bottle of brandy on my wall. Cleaned it thoroughly with hand gel then backed away. He opened his own bottle and poured a measure. "Salut, Brian. Hasta luego." and off he went.

I bagged the bottle and put it our "quarantine cupboard", where it will stay for 24 hours.

When this lockdown is lifted, we'll being doing what the Spanish do best. A cracking evening meal with a few bottles of beer, wine and water.

I am gobsmacked, truly gobsmacked...(y)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
You know what it dont matter, ave gone through this thread to see what ave done wrong.
You know what..nowt.
I came away when the FOC said it was safe. Others came on holiday after me, others were hoping they could still go on holiday Others on here who have slagged me off had there holidays to different parts of the world cancelled by the same FOC Goverment dept. I adhered to the rules and others have. The difference is what?
My holiday is cut short because of the planks of this world that feel it is urgent to go to skegness for a candy floss. They could not understand the severity of this Covid. Something that you the forum members mentioned in great detail.
Guess what I put on a post about travel and Covid. My travel was deemed safe, the travellers to skegness etc not. And it is met by rabid abuse.
Scarcasm and the customary name calling which is now the norm. At the same time I am.looking from afar at a country that has gone to ***. Panic buying, lack of social distancing, robbing of NHS badges, profiteering. My country looks ugly from afar.
Guess what I mentioned about having to look 2 kids when I got home. The Banshee wailing rea had fever pitch. My daughter had spoken to 111 re our situation. There answer, there are hundreds of thousands of kids that will be going from parent to parent. And grandparents. IT IS SAFE AS LONG AS YOU HAVE NO COVID SYMPTOMS.
We do not have to isolate because we are returning on a.plane..we have to isolate be cause stephen wanted his Candy floss at Skeggy.
You know what ave trawled through over 100 plus pages of this topic and I asked a question re who else could the government ask to get advice.
Ironically I found it on post 548 I think it was written by Ethan. It is the best post by a country mile on here and yet I feel hardly anyone has read it. It gave me the answers i were looking for yet my question was met once more with rammel.
This Covid topic had degenerated from an informative subject into the normal name calling sarcastic drivel that is becoming the norm. Grown men calling one another names.
I could go on, but am not gonna waste my breath.
Everyone look after yourselves.

You thought you're right Tashy, others, myself included, thought you're wrong. Guess what, its turned out you were wrong. If you weren't wrong you'd be flying back on Saturday, as scheduled, wouldn't you?

And that gives the definitive answer. The fact you've had to fly back early has proven you wrong. "Yes but the FCO said..."

Its naive to think the FCO would advance notice, just as the govt hasn't given advance notice on a number of things. They had to get their ducks lined up before they could announce things. And those with intelligence could see it coming based on what was rippling around the world. But hey, you only have to satisfy yourself in that.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Tonight the Spanish brandy pixie arrived at my gate...:)(y)

"Buena, Brian? Que tal?" Roughly translated. Good, Brian. How are you? They are lazy in the south. They don't say "good evening," Buenas noches, just "good."

He put a bottle of brandy on my wall. Cleaned it thoroughly with hand gel then backed away. He opened his own bottle and poured a measure. "Salut, Brian. Hasta luego." and off he went.

I bagged the bottle and put it our "quarantine cupboard", where it will stay for 24 hours.

When this lockdown is lifted, we'll being doing what the Spanish do best. A cracking evening meal with a few bottles of beer, wine and water.

I am gobsmacked, truly gobsmacked...(y)

I must have some people like that near me, but I keep missing them, they must come very late as the Budweiser bottles are always empty on the wall ?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Question.

I can go for a walk in my local park (5 mins walk away) and avoid getting too close to other humans, but.....we have a mini....very mini pitch and putt in it. Think 3/4 54 deg wedge. Dare I risk taking a few balls and having 30 mins? Would that be a bit naughty? 70% of me says yes, but that nagging 30% thought I'd ask on here.