Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Prince Charles was tested for showing ‘ very mild symptoms’
I don’t know anyone personally that has symptoms, but Scotland’s policy regarding testing is the same as the rest of the UK.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My G/F had the horrible bug/virus that was going around at Christmas time. One of the conspiracy theories is that it was Covid or a version of it. As I was obviously in very close proximity to her I'm clutching at straws that we will both be OK.
My wife had the same, a very strong flu like bug that lasted for a couple of weeks and she normally doesnt get anything and she has a flu jab. Me on the otherhand dont have a flu jab, but have had mild version of it on and off for about 6 weeks after she had it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Off licences added to the list of "essential" retailers and allowed to stay open.

I like a drink but that is really nonsensical. Got to wonder what's next - bookies reopening?
Do we have many off licences left? I can't think of one nearby. Do you have one in your neck of the woods?

Odd decision, really not essential.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My wife had the same, a very strong flu like bug that lasted for a couple of weeks and she normally doesnt get anything and she has a flu jab. Me on the otherhand dont have a flu jab, but have had mild version of it on and off for about 6 weeks after she had it.

I had an awful I'llness over Xmas

Off my food .. day complete fever

Fit all the signs of the virus

I'm hoping it was it then it's long gone

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
You can still get the flu if you’ve had a flu jab; the flu jab only covers a few strains of the flu virus that are predicted to be the most prevalent each year.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Day and a half in bed and I’m climbing the walls already ?

Only positive thing is my condition has improved greatly, I’m still coughing, but the sneezing and runny eyes have given way to a more congested condition, where I’m more stuffy even though I’ve got nearly every window open in the house!

Another decent nights sleep courtesy of Night Nurse will hopefully see it off, but it was quite scary in the manner it hit me, no advance systems, just Judas’d me when my guard was down ?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Announced today, €500 fines for not shopping at your nearest supermarket. Also fined for not buying essentials. Two people fined separately for only having beer and crisps in their shopping bags.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I am aware of that, and so is she. The irony is she swears by the flu jab, I refuse to have it.
Why do you refuse to have it? Do you not care about the people around you who could potentially die if they caught the flu? Or yourself? I assume you’ve had other jabs in your life such as the MMR? Or maybe you’re selfish about those illnesses, too?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why do you refuse to have it? Do you not care about the people around you who could potentially die if they caught the flu? Or yourself? I assume you’ve had other jabs in your life such as the MMR? Or maybe you’re selfish about those illnesses, too?
Not in the slightest. I used to have it between the ages on 18 and 22 each year, and during that time I never had more flu bugs than at any other time of my life. I stopped having the jab, and I stopped getting multiple flu bouts during the year.
Selfish?.....hardly.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
more about taking the pressure off the supermarkets who saw even greater demand and the beer and wine isles being cleared out after pubs were ordered to shut

How many people are going to supermarkets just to buy booze? Very few would be my guess.

We are supposed to be making essential journeys only, is nipping to the offy for a few tins really essential? Sends entirely the wrong message imo.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How many people are going to supermarkets just to buy booze? Very few would be my guess.

We are supposed to be making essential journeys only, is nipping to the offy for a few tins really essential? Sends entirely the wrong message imo.
Likewise though, if you're stuck at home as a result of the restrictions having something that might help the time pass less painfully might help;)

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Not in the slightest. I used to have it between the ages on 18 and 22 each year, and during that time I never had more flu bugs than at any other time of my life. I stopped having the jab, and I stopped getting multiple flu bouts during the year.
Selfish?.....hardly.
Did you actually have the flu or did you have the cold, as is the case for most people when they claim they have the flu?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I find it pathetic as a nation we can't not drink