Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Was talking to a mate yesterday, his sister in law has lost the sight in one eye after having the booster jab, they reckon the sight has gone for good ?
Still gonna book mine at the first opportunity ?
That's not good but there is a joke in there. Sorry!

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Its so annoying, I notice stuff like that with me.

A slightly right of field example, I would hate it if I ever went on a cruise (its just not me, for so many reasons), so why the hell do when I watch an advert or talk about a cruise, I cant help myself thinking that looks/or would be nice and I fancy going.

The power of what you see, what you are told, what you experience and what you subconsciously learn, is a a powerful thing. Used by Sage, used by marketing people and so on. The abused become the abuser and so on. So many real life examples, in additions to medical studies carried out(Swinglow, have a read about it and the studies, it may open your eyes adn you will notice things about yourself).

Its a really interesting subject.

But your behaviour is what you do - which is, you decide not to go on a cruise? ( quite rightly ,too?)
The powerful thing you refer too is what is called in old English - temptation?
It is up to you to succumb or not. Willpower.You don't succumb because something has been transmitted to you.

E.g. I have never believed all the nonsense about adverts. The only way they affect me is making me aware of the existence of a product.
I do not buy it because personality A is the voiceover for it at God knows what fee.
Nor how clever or frequent the advert , or how funny. ( appreciate the funnies, or the witty, but as for influencing me buying the product........)
A lot of them actually annoy me to the point of ensuring I do not buy the product?

It is said that people do buy for those reasons. Well,Maybe then ,proving that Einstein was right, but I suspect that you would see just how much advertising would be used if it didn't give companies tax breaks!

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Behaviours can be conditioned, either by pharmacological or psycho-social mechanisms, and are not entirely, or even sometimes at all, volitional. I guarantee you have some such behaviours. We all do.

Appreciate that, E. Stick certain drugs in me and Lord know what I would do.
Or point a gun at me etc? Or ,maybe, blackmail etc.
But if I have obese friends , or smoking friends, I can decide for myself whether to do likewise.
Mind you, they do say Im an awkward cus ?
But what exactly do you mean by psycho-social etc. that inevitably decide my behaviour?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
But your behaviour is what you do - which is, you decide not to go on a cruise? ( quite rightly ,too?)
The powerful thing you refer too is what is called in old English - temptation?
It is up to you to succumb or not. Willpower.You don't succumb because something has been transmitted to you.

E.g. I have never believed all the nonsense about adverts. The only way they affect me is making me aware of the existence of a product.
I do not buy it because personality A is the voiceover for it at God knows what fee.
Nor how clever or frequent the advert , or how funny. ( appreciate the funnies, or the witty, but as for influencing me buying the product........)
A lot of them actually annoy me to the point of ensuring I do not buy the product?

It is said that people do buy for those reasons. Well,Maybe then ,proving that Einstein was right, but I suspect that you would see just how much advertising would be used if it didn't give companies tax breaks!

A very good friend of mine is very successful in the marketing world. He claims that more often than not, those that claim advertising has no influence on them are the most easily influenced by advertising.

D

Deleted member 16999

So I had my 2nd jab 6 months ago next week, I’m not 50, but I was originally fast tracked as my child is classed as vulnerable, and I am a care giver.

Should I be able to book a booster?
119 advice says yes
119 booking says no
Website booking says no

Seems that age overrides any other reason why should be able to book your booster.
Apart from a few years older I’m in the exact same position as you, I had my booster last wednesday which was 1 day + the 6 months since 2nd jab.

I was contacted by my GP and given a date.

Today I received a text from the NHS saying I could book my booster.?‍♂️

So not sure it’s your age causing the issue, but maybe worth ringing your GP.

Good luck??

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A very good friend of mine is very successful in the marketing world. He claims that more often than not, those that claim advertising has no influence on them are the most easily influenced by advertising.

Well. As a "very successful" marketing man. he would say that, wouldn't he. :rolleyes:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Is your friend at home? If so, they are a long way short of grim. Grim is when the ICU doctor is measuring you up for a endo-tracheal (breathing) tube for the ventilator.

It would be interesting to know (maintaining their anonymity) when your friend had the vaccines, which brand and whether they have any additional risk factors (age, other conditions). It could be that they have dodged a bullet and got a nasty hangover instead of a spell in ICU, or were just unlucky and the vax didn't stimulate a decent immune response.
Indeed, but you can still feel grim even I’d your condition isn’t actually all that grim…if the opportunity arises I’ll ask if she has had same vaccine as myself…

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Phoned up @ 4.50pm Wednesday to book my booster jab.
10.00am Friday morning and I'm all jabbed up.
Not even a hint of a side-effect. (y)

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So I had my 2nd jab 6 months ago next week, I’m not 50, but I was originally fast tracked as my child is classed as vulnerable, and I am a care giver.

Should I be able to book a booster?
119 advice says yes
119 booking says no
Website booking says no

Seems that age overrides any other reason why should be able to book your booster.

Had my second jab in May, went online last week, and could book a booster - so did, and had it on Wednesday just gone.

I’m 34, and don’t meet any (that I am aware of) vulnerable categories…and no-one I have asked seems to be able to answer why I keep qualifying. I’ll keep taking the jabs though!

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had my second jab in May, went online last week, and could book a booster - so did, and had it on Wednesday just gone.

I’m 34, and don’t meet any (that I am aware of) vulnerable categories…and no-one I have asked seems to be able to answer why I keep qualifying. I’ll keep taking the jabs though!

You've obviously been lying about your age for 30 years ;)