Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Strange that there are shortages (gaps in shelves) in some parts of the country and not others. Now that is irritating and so I shall have to ask why that is the case when I visit my local Sainsbury’s later.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I shop several times a week, some days a lot of the shelves are empty other times not. The supermarkets I use are clearly having problems maintaining normal stock levels.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Strange that there are shortages (gaps in shelves) in some parts of the country and not others. Now that is irritating and so I shall have to ask why that is the case when I visit my local Sainsbury’s later.

My daughter was telling me the other day about her companies problems. They use a shared transport company all the companies involved were told that there would be no deliveries to the West Country for 2 weeks.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

I think it’s a Sainsbury’s problem, our local one is awful, they always have large gaps on their shelves, I spoke to the manager about it and he gave it the nationwide shortage spiel. I said it’s funny that the big Tesco down the rd has full shelves and so does the Lidl which is just across the rd from Sainsbury’s… They also only ever have 2 manned tills even at busy times and they try to push you into the scan and shop thing. I think it’s just poorly run.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We have. Morrisons, a Waitrose, three Co-ops, a Lidl and numerous small one stops. None of them have empty shelves unless you go in just before they close and the late shift hasn't restocked the shelves. Is anyone here having problems getting enough to eat? If so maybe we could organise some red cross parcels between us.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have. Morrisons, a Waitrose, three Co-ops, a Lidl and numerous small one stops. None of them have empty shelves unless you go in just before they close and the late shift hasn't restocked the shelves. Is anyone here having problems getting enough to eat? If so maybe we could organise some red cross parcels between us.

My daughter works part time in Morissons so I asked her, she said they haven't had any stock issues.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
We haven't been able to buy soya growing up milk for about a week now. The little one will have to get used normal and much more reasonable priced milk soon. Otherwise they didn't haved iet coke but coke zero once. It seems to be a localised/supplier little problem depending on where the pinging is happening.
I panic when they run out of toilet paper again.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We haven't been able to buy soya growing up milk for about a week now. The little one will have to get used normal and much more reasonable priced milk soon. Otherwise they didn't haved iet coke but coke zero once. It seems to be a localised/supplier little problem depending on where the pinging is happening.
They didn't ever run out of it, it's just that a lot was stored in people's houses.

D

Deleted member 15344

Plenty shortages in our local Co op , Morrison’s and Tescos

Co Op seems to be the worst hit with lots of empty areas

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Just buy a few copies of The Sun.

D-S

Visit site

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Pfizer vax reaction;

1. How long after the jab did they start?
  2. What did they consist of?
  3. How long did they last?

for us, sore arm that day then overnight dead arm and tender arm where the jab went in, flu like aches and hot and cold, lasted a couple of days. mrs fundy had a very red, raised and painful area around the jab site for 4 or 5 days after the second jab. slightly worse after the 2nd jab to the 1st. lots of fluid and paracetemol

hope youre ok Hobbit

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Our cousins in Aus are now back in lockdown. They are not happy about it.

I live in South Gloucestershire just north of Bristol and our local Tesco, Waitrose, Aldi and CoOp have had no noticeable supply issues at all. I can only report as I find and not as the media report it.

Same in Tesco’s Chepstow. Full shelves. Although my wife was visiting her mum in Surrey this week, a few gaps on shelves in Sainsbury’s in Farnham… someone panic buying?:ROFLMAO:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Pfizer vax reaction;

1. How long after the jab did they start?
  2. What did they consist of?
  3. How long did they last?

First jab - a sore arm for a couple of days.

Second - felt like I had mild flu for about 24 hours.

Glad you got sorted at long last.