Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Little bit more 'scared' yesterday I found somebody I play with occasionally but sit next to quite often is in hospital with it despite being double jabbed.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I get the feeling there are an awful lot of people who have seemingly given up taking this thing seriously..
The number of maskless in shops is on the rise, cases still 20k+...
And thats in Summer.....roll on Winter eh?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Perhaps somebody N. of the border could enlighten me please. awe are staying in Anstruther and whilst rules changed, I think, on 11/8/21 should hotel rooms need to be cleaned daily now? Thanks

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I get the feeling there are an awful lot of people who have seemingly given up taking this thing seriously..
The number of maskless in shops is on the rise, cases still 20k+...
And thats in Summer.....roll on Winter eh?

Just spent 9 of the last 10 days away on holiday, some of that with the grand sproggs. It was frightening the amount of people that have now decided not to wear masks.
What was even more frightening was the report on BBC news from Deep South states in the USA. The excuses on why some people will not get vaccinated is truly shocking and frightening. Am all for people making a choice on whether you want it or not but surely one must have a valid point as to why they don’t. Some anti vaxers came across as dangerously thick.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Oh and another thing.
Missis T has long term Covid, scarring on her left lung. Last two days she has been rough as owt. So when we got home yesterday she went straight for a Covid test. Still awaiting results. She had told her mum yesterday re going for a test. Ma in law rang today and asked if she had heard owt, ” no” Missis T said. “ so who is gonna sort out your dads tablets then”. Missis T was seething. So a couple of hours later I called me mum and said we are going to have to cancel tonight’s meal because Missis T has not had her results back. Me mum said “ don’t you fancy risking it then”. I could bloody scream.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
A couple of staff from the golf club have tested positive with a few more being 'pinged', meaning they're isolating.
No food or drink for the next few days at least.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Perhaps somebody N. of the border could enlighten me please. awe are staying in Anstruther and whilst rules changed, I think, on 11/8/21 should hotel rooms need to be cleaned daily now? Thanks

Not north of the border, in fact about as far away as you can get as we’re in Newquay at the moment however the hotel’s policy here is that the rooms will not be properly cleaned during your stay, they did do a light clean on day 4 (of 7). If anything needs changing it is left outside of your room and they’ll leave a replacement overnight.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Not north of the border, in fact about as far away as you can get as we’re in Newquay at the moment however the hotel’s policy here is that the rooms will not be properly cleaned during your stay, they did do a light clean on day 4 (of 7). If anything needs changing it is left outside of your room and they’ll leave a replacement overnight.
Exactly the same when we were in Bridgwater. In reception were towels, toilet rolls washing shampoo stuff. If you needed anything. Help yourself.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why would it need to cleaned more often , if it has the same occupants ?
Pre COVID Hotel rooms were cleaned daily, clean towels when requested, tea, coffee replenished, beds changed depending on the length of stay, loo cleaned.

Only asking whether anything has changed, not moaning about the situation, we understand COVID has not gone away

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ever more and larger gaps appearing on the shelves of our local supermarkets. Hopefully supply chain and delivery issues will ease once the ‘pingdemic’ restrictions are relaxed and folk return to work as furlough is tapered down and agriculture and other business reopens.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Ever more and larger gaps appearing on the shelves of our local supermarkets. Hopefully supply chain and delivery issues will ease once the ‘pingdemic’ restrictions are relaxed and folk return to work as furlough is tapered down and agriculture and other business reopens.
Supposedly the army are getting involved in helping distribute food at the moment. Ah isn’t it all going swimmingly in the UK.

RichA

Visit site
I did a weekly shop a couple of days ago. The only thing missing was the Dorset Cereals blue muesli that MrsA likes. She's currently having to settle for one of the 12 alternatives that was available.
Isn't this the sort of talk that precipitated last year's idiotic panic buying?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I did a weekly shop a couple of days ago. The only thing missing was the Dorset Cereals blue muesli that MrsA likes. She's currently having to settle for one of the 12 alternatives that was available.
Isn't this the sort of talk that precipitated last year's idiotic panic buying?
Not the case in my local Lidl, Sainsburys and Waitrose supermarkets - quite a few big gaps and supermarket putting up signs on the shelves where there are gaps apologising - and no panic buying going on as far as we can see. As I said - probably down to pandemic related supply chain issues so not clear to me why some disagree with what I am seeing with my own eyes and that is being widely reported - so not just my imagination. But it is a bit irritating - though we'll get over it - I am sure.

Food shortages UK: Supermarket shelves empty ‘in weeks’ unless ‘pingdemic’ resolved | Express.co.uk

Call for action as UK driver shortage hits supermarket shelves | Supermarkets | The Guardian

Supermarket pingdemic shortages - the products affected in Tesco, Sainsbury's, Lidl, Morrisons, Aldi, Iceland revealed (thesun.co.uk)

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not the case in my local Lidl, Sainsburys and Waitrose supermarkets - quite a few big gaps and supermarket putting up signs on the shelves where there are gaps apologising - and no panic buying going on as far as we can see. As I said - probably down to pandemic related supply chain issues so not clear to me why some disagree with what I am seeing with my own eyes and that is being widely reported - so not just my imagination. But it is a bit irritating - though we'll get over it - I am sure.

Food shortages UK: Supermarket shelves empty ‘in weeks’ unless ‘pingdemic’ resolved | Express.co.uk

Call for action as UK driver shortage hits supermarket shelves | Supermarkets | The Guardian

Supermarket pingdemic shortages - the products affected in Tesco, Sainsbury's, Lidl, Morrisons, Aldi, Iceland revealed (thesun.co.uk)
Can't see any shortages around here.