Coronavirus - how is it/has it affected you?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

The MSM appears to have fundamentally understood this study and haven't even read the authors' conclusions. The paper basically shows that a certain approximate viral load will get you admitted, but the chance of that happening differs quite considerably between vaccinated and unvaccinated people. I don't think this tells us anything we didn't know, or at least suspect, already, and contains nothing that should raise a question over vaccination. The lab measurement issues over viral load only add to the confusion.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ethan will probably know this:
When returning from holidaying in Spain a LFT is required. Are the ones we carry out twice weekly acceptable or does it have to be completed in Spain?

What is the difference please?

Many thanks for your help

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Ruling on Covid passports for nightclubs in Andalucia, like Galicia, is overturned. Although hospital admissions is up, the increase isn’t massive.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shopping earlier and it was surprising how much the mask wearing had gone down, mostly the Vicky Pollard brigade who had just ditched the sunflower lanyards, but also quite a few middle aged males which is a bit of a change. I did have an ironic chuckle at the rather large chav type 'lady' who was walking around with a mask round her wrist:rolleyes: From what i saw today a large proportion of these people you would probably put in the 'at risk' category, maybe its time we just let natural selection take its course?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great news.

That seems quite close together. Is that standard in Spain? I think 8 weeks is seen as the optimum figure here but that may be also about rationing vaccines (if that is still an issue now?)

3 weeks is fine. The argument for spacing doses was somewhat contrived to give scientific cover to the political prioritisation of first doses for as many as possible, and I don't really disagree with that policy. The data came from AZ only, and was rather weak, and also is much less likely to apply to Pfizer which has a strong effect even after 1 dose.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Still not feeling right so tried to get a doc appointment, told to get a cov test, already taken one which came back neg, told to get another anyway. Had phone conversation with a Doc who said sounded like I had symptoms of someone who'd be vaccinated. Head ache, diaria, muscle pain, hot and cold sweats.

D

Deleted member 21258

Still not feeling right so tried to get a doc appointment, told to get a cov test, already taken one which came back neg, told to get another anyway. Had phone conversation with a Doc who said sounded like I had symptoms of someone who'd be vaccinated. Head ache, diaria, muscle pain, hot and cold sweats.

Hope you okay Patrick148 :( and it soon passes and just a an off period. Get well chap.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
From what i saw today a large proportion of these people you would probably put in the 'at risk' category, maybe its time we just let natural selection take its course?

If it didn't strain the resources and impact everyone else, I would be 100% behind you. There are some twats out there that deserve everything they have coming to them.

D

Deleted member 21258

If it didn't strain the resources and impact everyone else, I would be 100% behind you. There are some twats out there that deserve everything they have coming to them.

Cases like this are really sad and we should try to encourage and win over people to help protect themselves and other people with vaccines, I wouldn't wish harm on anyone myself :-

Ron Filipkowski on Twitter: "Attorney Leslie Lawrenson was found dead of covid at his home in Dorset, UK in June. At the time, not big news. However, the ‘Evening Standard’ just found a video he posted to Facebook 9 days before he died, saying he was glad he got it so he can prove it isn’t that bad. Watch! https://t.co/60TElRQmcz" / Twitter

Really sad, think this person hit the national headlines last week. Really sad, far better to have a primed immune system than rolling the dice on average, sad case :(

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Off to the theatre in London tonight. They have been sending emails for a few days now, what time to turn up, which door to go through, we care about your safety etc. Last night I actually read it properly. To get in you need to prove you have been double jabbed or have had a clear lateral flow test in the last 48 hours. My wife and I have both jabs, daughter only 1 so far, second is booked for next week. Thankfully we picked up a test from a late night pharmacy and registered the clear test.

Worth being aware of if anyone is going to the theatre in London, it's a London wide requirement.

As an aside, we have been on the underground all week. A solid 5-10% of passengers are not wearing masks despite it being a requirement of travel. Much higher than I expected and higher than on the train down here. No enforcement of it either, I fact I haven't seen anyone from TFL other than at the barriers. That could be normal of course, I'm rarely here.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Off to the theatre in London tonight. They have been sending emails for a few days now, what time to turn up, which door to go through, we care about your safety etc. Last night I actually read it properly. To get in you need to prove you have been double jabbed or have had a clear lateral flow test in the last 48 hours. My wife and I have both jabs, daughter only 1 so far, second is booked for next week. Thankfully we picked up a test from a late night pharmacy and registered the clear test.

Worth being aware of if anyone is going to the theatre in London, it's a London wide requirement.

As an aside, we have been on the underground all week. A solid 5-10% of passengers are not wearing masks despite it being a requirement of travel. Much higher than I expected and higher than on the train down here. No enforcement of it either, I fact I haven't seen anyone from TFL other than at the barriers. That could be normal of course, I'm rarely here.
It was never enforced when it was law. On our coaches we are told to ask passengers to wear them, although we can't refuse anyone who doesn't, we also play a safety briefing which asks them to wear them. They don't realise I can see them all on the cctv, you wouldn't believe the amount that put one on to board the coach then take it off once they're sat down :rolleyes:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was never enforced when it was law. On our coaches we are told to ask passengers to wear them, although we can't refuse anyone who doesn't, we also play a safety briefing which asks them to wear them. They don't realise I can see them all on the cctv, you wouldn't believe the amount that put one on to board the coach then take it off once they're sat down :rolleyes:

Agree, always been that way. I took a train up to York and asked if I needed to wear a mask on the platform as it was possibly classed as outside. I got a stock response that mask wearing was compulsory but that it was my personal choice and that the rail operator would not be enforcing mask wearing.