Cord grips

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm looking to re-grip my irons and wedges at the end of the coming season, probably the end of October.

I'm looking into going down the Cord grips route. Mainly for a change but also to see if they fair any better in the wet.

The 2 that have caught my eye, so far, are:

http://www.gamolagolf.co.uk/acatalog/Winn-Pro-Wrap-Golf-Grip.html#aWN_2dPRO_2dWRAP

and

http://www.gamolagolf.co.uk/acatalog/Golf_Pride_Tour_Velvet_BCT_Cord_Blue_Golf_Grips.html

Any info/experiences with these or any other thoughts you have on cord grips would be appreciated.

Edit: And NO Greg, they aren't yellow!

Last edited:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Whoo hoo, the young Jedi has learned... (except the spelling)
Tour Velvet cords all the way if those are the two you have narrowed it down to. Not a huge fan of Winn grips, experience of them in the past is that the compound fails quickly.

Well the colour is still up for debate as Gamola also offer them in black and red. No yellow unfortunatley <SMILE>

I like the feel of the cord section on the Multi Compounds, but not so much a fan of the bottom section. I don't think it perfroms well in the wet, hence me looking at cord grips.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
always used to use tour velvets full cord until the multicompounds came around, great grip imo though beware if you practise heavily and/or have very soft hands they will shred your hands a few times.

T

thecraw

I picked up a few of the tour velvet full cords in red last week. Just done my wedges with them and they are ideal.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
watch out if you practice a lot with wedges on full cord, unless your hands are asbestos

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
always used to use tour velvets full cord until the multicompounds came around, great grip imo though beware if you practise heavily and/or have very soft hands they will shred your hands a few times.

watch out if you practice a lot with wedges on full cord, unless your hands are asbestos

Now you guys do have me wondering!

I do practice a lot (3-4 days/week) so maybe cords might be a little too harsh? Hmmm

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
wouldnt worry about it. your hands will soon harden up. if you take a week off then prepare for some PAIN! ;)