Controversy in the group

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
The moaners will get over it. Also, the guy's handicap will now go down a full four shots (if the system works similar to the EGA one on that), so it is unlikely that he will score that high again in the next comp.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The moaners will get over it. Also, the guy's handicap will now go down a full four shots (if the system works similar to the EGA one on that), so it is unlikely that he will score that high again in the next comp.
I was gonna say, he's surely going to get a decent cut now immediately so it shouldn't be an issue again.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
He won't as it was non qualifying and on temp greens. To be honest, I do not see the issue with shooting that score. If it was 50+ I would understand some frustrations but to me all it says is that he needed a higher handicap to stay competitive and hopefully will continue to improve.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I should have clarified it was our normal Sat. swindle and not a comp.

When he was 28 handicap I have never seen him shoot more than about 25 points in the swindle and frequently less than 20.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The thing is, mockers will always find something wrong and the term bandit is chucked around too much and not always in jest. If someone has struggled and the system has taken account of this and then goes out plays well, how do they know it's not the result of some hard work at the range, or even if it's just a career day out, be pleased to see a fellow member having a good day. If it was a short course and temps I assume in was non-qualifying?

Nickrat

Club Champion
Visit site
I started golf back up 2 years ago hadn't played since I was a kid (now 34).

Initial handicap was 24, put in some hard work and practiced a lot and got it down to 13.5 in 12 months.

I Won a few comps and got some good cuts, you should have heard some of the bandit remarks in the clubhouse. Luckily the people I played with understood I was improving but its a good job I have a thick skin because this could really put some new improving players off!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A hc of 39? That means he can get a 9 for 1??

Does he have 2 arms an 2 legs? 😆

I know now they want to make golf more inclusive but imagine a four ball of 39 handicappers in front of a group of scratch golfers. How is that for speeding up the game? I think you’d be pushing as many people away as introducing them

My granddad , Uncle and father would almost be in that category.. they used to finish rounds in 3 hours, 3 and half max with a 15 handicapper with them

My Society when I play with this 8 handicapper we have 5 hour rounds. He claims it’s looking for others balls.. everyone else says it’s his 2 minute pre shot routine per shot after he has spent 2 minutes visualising the shot in his head