Contact Lenses

Jevo

Visit site
I have only just started to read the GM forums and have been enjoying the banter but not contributed so far, however I thought I would add my experiences on a topic which I know a fair bit about.

Contact lenses are great for sport in general and there are really only a few sports that I would not recommend them for. As many of the replies have said there are many types of contact lenses out there both in terms of cost and quality of lenses and it really depends on a lot of different factors as to which is best for you.

Buy your lenses from the optician to begin with and attend for checks (usually after 2 weeks or so for a first time wearer) and then discuss any points that you have found with the optician. If you then intend to get your lenses from somewhere other than the prescribing optician then you need to ask for your contact lens specification. The prescriber will put on this a valid until date which dictates the maximum amount of lenses that can be legally supplied before a new aftercare check is required. It has already been mentioned that you should always attend your check ups when they are needed. Most contact lens problems can be dealt with easily if they are stopped at an early stage (ie before they start to cause symptoms). I find that many places now charge for their aftercares if you are not buying lenses from them, but may waive the professional fee if you purchase lenses from them. (I personally dont like this approach but that is me getting on my soapbox about my profession):sbox:

Contact lenses for golfers are a great option. I hope they help you with your game. I for one cannot play in my specs as I find myself looking underneath the frames when addressing the ball and always wear lenses.

Jevo

A

Alex1975

Nowt wrong with being a bit vain (after all, you have Mizuno's don't you?)

Out of interest... can't you just go under the laser?

Miz what? I duno what clubs I use, they are just bits of metal that I threaten the ball with.

I am not sure laser is something I would consider, if it goes wrong there is no going back... It would be nice though.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've worn contacts since I was around 19, some 25yrs now, they are in most days from 7 in the morning till midnight, my optician goes made at me for having them in for so long, but my eyes are healthy and the contacts are doing no damage.

As for how they help me see, with them in I can read the bottom line of the sight charts, without them in, I cannot see the wall, the chart is on never mind the chart.

Wearing them for golf is not a problem, I wear them for driving, reading, basically everything.

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
this is a great thread. I'm thinking about getting contacts, I wear glasses so I can see the ball land, up close the glasses are fairly annoying, especially when putting. Think I might book a taster