Constantly slicing! Video analysis!

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
No expert but in my experience leave the baseball grip alone caused me no end of problems at the start of my Golfing career!!! As Bob says work on getting a sound grip and it will start to feel natural after a while. Use this chap on Videojug to help you. He is a mad as a hatter but what a great instructor. Everything you need is on there. Good luck!!
http://www.videojug.com/user/rickardstrongert

GOLFBALL_WHACKER_GUY

Challenge Tour Pro
www.sasroofing.co.uk
Dont even try a baseball grip, will do more harm than good.

I had aweak grip too when I started playing, sliced all the time, looked up a few clips on you tube and they allpretty much said the same thing. Strong grip takes time to adjust to, I'd reccommend using it on a 7 iron first and work your way down to the driver, and I also cut the shaft off an old club and practised in the evenings indoors ;)

stanny2k

Medal Winner
Visit site
I was also wondering (after watching my swing video), if there was anything else anyone picked up on that could do with improvement/help my slice.

I played in a Stableford competition last week (first time ever). I was added to a group with 2 other guys who I’ve not played with before, one was a 23 handicap & the other a 13.. Watching their swings, they don’t seem to want to break the ball in two when teeing off, where as I’m trying to smash that ball as far down the fairway as possible.. Would u say this is a problem as well?

Wanna try & gather a much info before heading down the range tonight after work!

Thanks!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Dont make the mistake of trying too much.
Experiment with the left hand and see if the ball flight improves and try and hold the finishing position at the end of the swing.
Watch the guys on tv, most of them have a balanced position at the end of the swing.
So, check the grip...balanced finish.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Will do. I usually get a very balanced finish, so I think it may have something to do with the speed I'm trying to hit the ball. I'm gonna cut that down a bit.

Always do a controlled swing to fast and any hope of a good shot is gone. Good luck and use the link to Videojug I posted it will help you a lot trust me.

stanny2k

Medal Winner
Visit site
Well that went "OK"

Wasnt the best session in the world, but the balls were slightly better. Grip feels more controlled, but still seem to be slicing to the right. If I over exaggerate the release of the club it catipults to the left.. I understand that I need to try & find a happy medium, but that seems to be alot more difficult that writing it..

Any suggestions?

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I was told to loosen my right hand grip at the index finger to allow me to cock my wrists easier, this has allowed me to hit the ball much straighter, dont know why but it has worked for me.