Constantly slicing! Video analysis!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi and welcome to the forum.
It's a bit difficult to see your grip in the video.
Does your grip look like this in a mirror?

fviewgrip-1-1.jpg

When you look down at your left hand can you see any knuckles?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Thought so. Your left hand is a bit weak. Try turning your left hand a touch to your right so you can see your middle finger knuckle as see what happens to the ball flight :)

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
im no golf pro, but my pro told me to create a V with my right hand, so my right thumb sits to the left of my mizuno lettering on my grip, in your case the golf pride lettering.

Also make sure your turning your wrists over as you come through the ball, even try to over exaggerate it.

stanny2k

Medal Winner
Visit site
I had a golf lesson (first & only so far) & he said exactly the same thing to me, but the problem is, I cant seem to get into a comfortable position holding the club, it feels like my arm is going to be pulled off..

I'll give it a go & report back!

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a golf lesson (first & only so far) & he said exactly the same thing to me, but the problem is, I cant seem to get into a comfortable position holding the club, it feels like my arm is going to be pulled off..

Are you interlocking your grip?

I used to use the interlock, then he told me to do the V and I changed to baseball and that works for me...

If its uncomfortable its probably right, I spent years not having lessons and felt comfortable. First lesson I changed it, it was uncomfortable but everything went where it should. You just get used to it.

stanny2k

Medal Winner
Visit site

Are you interlocking your grip?

I used to use the interlock, then he told me to do the V and I changed to baseball and that works for me...

If its uncomfortable its probably right, I spent years not having lessons and felt comfortable. First lesson I changed it, it was uncomfortable but everything went where it should. You just get used to it.

Yup, im using the interlocking... Its difficult to put anything to the test without being at the range..

I've put a small video together to show a few queries I have..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdfAeQt23I8

Let me know your thoughts. Excuse the Welsh accent ;-)

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
To be it looks like you have the club tucked down too tightly against the bottoms of your fingers in your left hand.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
This is how, in my experience, I've been taught to hold a golf club in my left.

powerswing9.jpg

Notice how it starts in the crease of the little finger but angles across the fingers so that it exits the middle phalanx on the index finger.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
You shouldn't be gripping too tightly, tense muscles make it harder to swing smoothly. Pretend you're holding a tube of toothpaste with the lid off; you should be holding firmly enough to be able to wave it around but not so firmly that you're squeezing any toothpaste out.

stanny2k

Medal Winner
Visit site
Im gonna have to take all these tips (and my toothpaste) to the driving range tomorrow I think! (wish I had a spot light out the garden)

@bobmac - Do you have your thumb of your left hand (if your a right handed golfer) on the top of the grip/shaft? (as shown in your picture).. cause I was told in a lesson I had that it should sit on the side of the grip..