Considering replacing my R7 Irons

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
£150 for a set of 57's is a pretty good deal to be fair (condition dependent) - You'd probably make your money back on them if you didn't like them but there is no offset (or very little, if there is any, I don't notice it), nice compact heads and a joy to hit (unless you thin one, then you'll know about it).

I always talk about changing them to a newer model, which I'm sure I will, eventually, to treat myself; but they're great irons which I'd be happy to keep for a long time. Are they "too good" for me? Perhaps, but I'm learning to hit them with my swing changes and it's improved my ball striking no end.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
£150 for a set of 57's is a pretty good deal to be fair (condition dependent) - You'd probably make your money back on them if you didn't like them but there is no offset (or very little, if there is any, I don't notice it), nice compact heads and a joy to hit (unless you thin one, then you'll know about it).

I always talk about changing them to a newer model, which I'm sure I will, eventually, to treat myself; but they're great irons which I'd be happy to keep for a long time. Are they "too good" for me? Perhaps, but I'm learning to hit them with my swing changes and it's improved my ball striking no end.

Totally understand your point Az'.

For me, I'm reluctant to change these just because of the off set when I'm scoring well with them (Shot to a 10 and 11 H/C on concecutive weeks) and have been playing concistantly since just after Christmas.

I'll probably get them re-gripped and play them this season and see how I feel come October when our club season ends.

Those 57's are tempting though :thup:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

They can't have improved your ball striking that much....;)

A

Alex1975

MP-52 is the glib answer.

However the correct answer is get 15 mins on the DNA and then pick the 2nd had irons you want with the correct shaft.

Cough Cough..... MIZUNO IRONS!!!

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
MP-52 is the glib answer.

However the correct answer is get 15 mins on the DNA and then pick the 2nd had irons you want with the correct shaft.

Cough Cough..... MIZUNO IRONS!!!

:rofl:

Pretty much as I said in reply to Murph :thup:

I'd be interested to see some stats on my swing as I've never been C/F'd. Always brought "off the shelf" equipment and seemed not to suffer!

sona

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am gazing into my crystal ball:

You will buy the Mizunos.

About two months after that, it will bug you that you have TM wedges.

You will then buy some Mizuno wedges.

I didn't even ask you to cross my palm with silver. :D

He should buy the MP59s they will match his Fli-Hi 3 iron