Compulsory Xmas meal!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m not sure my standing on this, but every year our club has it’s Christmas texus scramble and we have always had the option to opt out of the meal. £10 for the comp or £25 with 3course meal, but numbers needed to be confirmed the week prior for obvious reasons.

We have a new GM who has recently started and for the first time ever it’s a compulsory! Whether you choose to eat or not, it’s the same entry fee. It’s seen a split view with around 20% of entrants pulling out.

How would this sit with others?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our Xmas scramble has food behind the hot counter, and partaking thereof is not compulsary:)
TBH, the scramble takes long enough as it is, so to make it a sit down meal after would put many off.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We had a similar situation where we have team comps every so often and it was decided that the entry fee included breakfast - that didnt last too long!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I get the inclusion of breakfast as this makes more sense and while some (including myself) see the social appeal to staying on for a meal after, 6 teams are now incomplete as players had late afternoon or early evening plans. This is a huge factor going into the festive season.

I’m not sure anything should ever be compulsory other manors and slow play etiquette

Wolf

Visit site
I’d be pulling out as well £25 to play a scramble round your own course and compulsory meal when thy time maybe better spent elsewhere at this time of year.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
No ones said owt about the £10 charge for the comp????? Flippin' eck what's the flippin' prizes, a night with Jennifer Aniston??????????

the real worry is a three course meal for 15 quid! whats that like, melon balls, pie & chips and a slice of Neapolitan ice cream!