Competitions

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Current club none are drawn and I don’t it. Cheating is more likely to occur and also it reducing the pressure playing with the same group.

The only upside is that you get to pick time slots.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
There is no formal integration method, it's up to you as the new guy to get involved. It isn't easy, most groups are established and it is a case of dead men's shoes on the whole.
We have two slots in the comps that are not drawn, put your name down on the sheet turn up at either 9.30 or 12.30 and get put with others randomly. This is for guys who have no pre arranged game in the comps that are not drawn.

Last edited:

RichA

Visit site
We have two slots in the comps that are not drawn, put your name down on the sheet turn up at either 9.30 or 12.30 and get put with others randomly. This is for guys that have no pre arranged game in the comps that are not drawn.
Put your name down on the sheet and get put with others randomly? You've just described what is called drawn at our place.

Last edited by a moderator:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A mix of all-sorts. We do drawn groups for some team comps; some individual comps we choose a time block and drawn tee times in block; some we can book our own time with a buddy. For all these there will be a reserved block of tee times. We have one ‘play whenever you want during the day’ competition - a Saturday Stableford when there is no other comp that day. No pre-entry. We just book a tee time with another; register we are playing in the comp on the system; and play.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
All entered in hdid.
Stablefords are timeslot entry, 06.45 - 07.56 or 08.02 - 09.30 or something like that and then drawn.
Medals are bookable as fixed tee times.
Other comps usually bookable as fixed time slots.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I think he meant "how did you play today?" rather than "how did they let you on their golf course?" ?
I'd like an answer to both! ?

I played ok for 39 points.

Mate, if you saw some of the “golfers” they let on I look very respectable

MACM85

Visit site
All of our comps are drawn. Weekends and midweek. Weekends are between 0800 and 0930 depending on numbers. Midweek are always Wednesday and again drawn between 0800 to 0900 as lower numbers midweek.