Competition divisions

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Got to admit I wouldn't want to be if its detrimental to my family life as this way would be, golf simply isn't as important.

Our one is a weekend one and has to be qualified for and that's no issue at all but a whole just wouldn't be possible, so fair to the guys that manage it.

its quite busy week ive qualified for the scratch twice, but only got as far as the first round, all of a sudden you are off the blue tee which is 300 yards longer against someone who is off +3 so effectively giving away 8 shots to someone who hits it 50 yards further off the tee.
ours used to be 2 consecutive Saturdays so wan't too bad now its Sat/Sun then Mon, Tues Friday final so you end up playing 3 games in a row which i found mentally tiring. Not as bad as the Tain one Qual for the scratch last time i was a member and thats Sat/Sun, Mon Tues Wed Friday with 36 hole final on the Saturday which some clubs around here still do, i was over the moon when i got beat on the Friday;)

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
One year I won a big area competition, played a team match on the Friday, a medal sat& sun. Qualifying mon&Tues. Match play Wed Thurs Fri and Saturday. Then played a team match on the Sunday. That was tiring, still didn't lose the team match the day after winning

sunshine

Visit site
One year I won a big area competition, played a team match on the Friday, a medal sat& sun. Qualifying mon&Tues. Match play Wed Thurs Fri and Saturday. Then played a team match on the Sunday. That was tiring, still didn't lose the team match the day after winning

Moral of the story: if you like playing lots of golf don't ever have children! :ROFLMAO: