Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the tips, fuel is paid for and annual mileage is 20k approx

All fuel is business fuel so no tax to pay on fuel only BIK on car itself

I like the A3 Sportback and can get either the 1.4tsi or the 2.0tdi

The 1.4 has 120 bhp and the 2.0tdi diesel has 140 bhp

Both 5 door but only standard or SE trim

BIK APPROX £90 month !

Is your budget including or excluding VAT? I lease my car (being self employed is the most tax efficient way) and there are some cracking deals on the Audi A3 at the moment - I looked last night and you can get the diesel Black edition (comes in above the S-linetrim level) for around £300 per month (excl VAT) at the moment.

I always have a quick look on Nationwide Vehicle Contracts website http://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk/ as it's the only site I've found where you can look at different cars/spec/mileage etc without having a sales bod calling you back. I'm not suggesting leasing from them but it's a good guide as to what you can get for your cash.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi guys to save further confusion, fuel is all for business using fuel card, private mileage is funded and paid for by myself.

I am liking the A3 Sportback in my budget for leasing either 1.4tsi SE or 2.0tdi

Rather fancy the 1.4tsi petrol for a change ( had diesels for many years )

My only concern is , will it be large enough for motorway miles and my sales gear

Golf clubs would be seat down job

DCB

Visit site
A3 isn't that good a load carrier. Last place I worked some of my engineers had A3s and couldn't get all their kit into the boot. It became a problem when they had to take replacement kit out to customers and found that space was tight.

Are you having to lease this yourself or is it leased to the company ? Just something else to think of. Should circumstances change do you want to be lumbered with an expensive lease if it is leased to you ?

matts1984

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a Golf GT Diesel. This is have 170 bhp or around that mark. 57 plate.

I can honestly say it is the best car I have every had. It is so solid, really fast when it needs to be and eats up the motorway miles like nothing I have ever owned. It is sporty enough to be thrown around in the corners. Plus when you want to drive it easy the MPG is great.
I also think it look really modern everytime I look at it. (I normally get bored of my card after around a year)

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi

Its leased by the company

Might take a look at the VW Jetta and Passat they are available

You are right A3 is too small as is the Golf

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi

Its leased by the company

Might take a look at the VW Jetta and Passat they are available

You are right A3 is too small as is the Golf

I have a Peugeot 508 and other than the boot being bit small it's up there as a car with the Mondeo of which I've had 5 or 6. It's a great driver and solid on the motorway.

It's worth considering, ommisions are low and fuel economy good, the model I have is 163bhp.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks i will look at the 508 again, i have hired one in France and found it a nice car, only point is its a bit big hence why i like the Jetta large boot but smaller saloon size