Commonwealth Games

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I love the fact that Para sports are completely integrated at these games. All competing alongside able body athletes and all medals added to the country’s total. And it’s great for the para athletes to perform to full houses!…Don’t know if it’s the first time it’s been like this but it’s just how it should be.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
What is it with the girl's swimming cossies in the diving. So far up their rear ends it looks damned uncomfortable and then they get out of the water and yank it even higher up their bottom!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
What is it with the girl's swimming cossies in the diving. So far up their rear ends it looks damned uncomfortable and then they get out of the water and yank it even higher up their bottom!

Well personally I look at it like this ........................ ??????????

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

My wife said the same thing… I hadn’t noticed ?

At least the cameras had the decency to look away when they were doing the reverse handstand thingy!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's similar in some of the athletics. There was a woman in the heptathlon 800m last night that looked as though she was running in skimpy bikini bottoms. It must be uncomfortable and distracting. The English competitors in that event had the equivalent of cut off cycling shorts. They made much more sense.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's similar in some of the athletics. There was a woman in the heptathlon 800m last night that looked as though she was running in skimpy bikini bottoms. It must be uncomfortable and distracting. The English competitors in that event had the equivalent of cut off cycling shorts. They made much more sense.
You should have seen the costumes in the ladies pole vault- they were very exposed from the camera behind the mat!???

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mrs P was being quite attentive to the men's diving.:unsure:

As I was in the same room I occasionally glanced at the telly and I'm sure that Tashy's grandson was there wearing Tashy's crocks and budgie smugglers. :sick:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Leaving today after a great week in Birmingham. Watched some great sport and the atmosphere has been superb. Also really impressed with the travel arrangements, the shuttle buses to the stadium have been great with little or no waiting each time.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Loved playing hockey but it's a bit like squash and not good on TV. Unless it's my eyes but most of the time can't see the flipping ball!
Had a bit of an on-course disagreement about squash not being included…he couldn’t understand why it wasn’t - I feel it’s not a great watch as we can’t really see the ball and to the uninitiated it’s difficult to see what makes good play and a great shot..or indeed poor play and a poor shot. But we agreed to disagree.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had a bit of an on-course disagreement about squash not being included…he couldn’t understand why it wasn’t - I feel it’s not a great watch as we can’t really see the ball and to the uninitiated it’s difficult to see what makes good play and a great shot..or indeed poor play and a poor shot. But we agreed to disagree.

Surely squash should be included. It shouldn't be about it being good to watch.
Cricket is really dull to watch but it was included.?‍♂️

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Only slight complaint I had about the Games was the quality of the DJs who were supposed to get the crowds going before each event. Unfortunately, someone had the bright idea of getting club DJs in who insisted on playing house music that no-one had heard of. Much better in my opinion to get in proper stadium DJs, or even cheesy wedding DJs :cool:who would play ABBA, Neil Diamond, etc and really get the crowd going with a good sing along. Instead, most people just sat chatting between themselves or just plain bored before the real entertainment started. That said, the atmosphere soon ramped up once the racing started :)