Commonwealth Games

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We certainly do mate ?

Spoilt for choice around West Brom. Enjoy.
This time we ate in Walsall at Champy's Bradford Arms..... I see it has some mixed reviews but was spot on for us. A monumental Mixed Grill, main course & a beer cost just £20 each & a great atmosphere. I thought Leeds & Bradford was good but have to say that Birmingham is in another league for quality & price other than our regular local 'Home cooking' family place in Leeds.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
This time we ate in Walsall at Champy's Bradford Arms..... I see it has some mixed reviews but was spot on for us. A monumental Mixed Grill, main course & a beer cost just £20 each & a great atmosphere. I thought Leeds & Bradford was good but have to say that Birmingham is in another league for quality & price other than our regular local 'Home cooking' family place in Leeds.

Been there once and enjoyed, seem to remember it being absolutely packed.
I've got family in Leeds and they always go for a mixed grill when they are down.
The rise of pubs doing proper curries and grills has saved so many pubs that the smoking ban could've finished off. Nice to see.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been there once and enjoyed, seem to remember it being absolutely packed.
I've got family in Leeds and they always go for a mixed grill when they are down.
The rise of pubs doing proper curries and grills has saved so many pubs that the smoking ban could've finished off. Nice to see.

And now I am sat at my desk with a rather feeble looking cheese sandwich wanting a monstrous mixed grill. Thanks :D:D

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Apologies to anyone who has been affected by my spelling error..
I am sure there are support groups available for those suffering.:oops:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)
I only pointed it out because it seems you only seem to wake up when a Scot does well. Nothing wrong with national pride though (Kiwi Cycling seems to at an all-time high).
Her Mum's wins in '86 and '90 (I remember watching that one live) were pretty phenomenal as races too.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just watching the cycling time trial on the big screen, starting in West Park near the Wolves ground.
Wolverhampton looks quite beautiful from above.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Just watching the cycling time trial on the big screen, starting in West Park near the Wolves ground.
Wolverhampton looks quite beautiful from above.
Yeah! Even the ugliest cities look fine from above. But when you see them at ground level...:eek::poop:

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
The centre might be grim but there are nice places in Wolverhampton.
Like West Park, Tettenhall, or just about any place to the west of the city.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Good wasn't it. Our Gina did us proud. (y) A product of my rackets club (The Park Langley Club) where Emma Raducanu also learnt her tennis skills. Pity it didn't rub off on me :(
Men's winner a Kiwi and a product of my Dad's home area (Greymouth). I can't imagine playing squash in this sort of heat. Apparently had to stop frequently to mop up sweat that caused many slips!
England picked a Bronze in the Ladies too - beating a Kiwi.:mad:
We'll see how the Doubles goes!:sneaky:

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Had a live cycling afternoon watching the men's time trials starting and finishing in Wolverhampton.
Gold to Australia, silver to England, bronze to Wales.
Does anyone know how much those bikes cost?

Returned to Birmingham to see the giant mechanical bull now in Centenary Square.
Immense crowds everywhere.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does anyone know how much those bikes cost?

Going rate for a top end time trial bike is about 12k. then the carbon wheels etc will be another few k, then lets all never forget that even with that much money, they still dont come with pedals!! :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)
I only pointed it out because it seems you only seem to wake up when a Scot does well. Nothing wrong with national pride though (Kiwi Cycling seems to at an all-time high).
Her Mum's wins in '86 and '90 (I remember watching that one live) were pretty phenomenal as races too.[/QUOTE

I'll not mention Louise Duncan then.;)