Coming together nicely

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Shot an 80 today, 4 under my handicap. Following the recent posts , I had a slam dunk chip in on the 4th (over a bunker from 20 yards for birdie, never touched the sides) and a lip out eagle chip that stopped 4 inches away after running round the hole. Missed a 3 footer on 18 to break 80, but had nothing worse than a bogey. Chuffed to bits!

Just hoped I haven't peaked too soon!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Don't be too disappointed when your next round is 100 plus, it happens. Even 81 won't feel any good.

Next target, break 80, it can be done.

Nice golf, 80 is always a good score.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Excellent. I hope it stays that low for you, and myself too. Having shot my lowest score yet of 82 on the PGA course I was chuffed to bits. Just hope my next outing isn't in the 90's. Breaking 80 will come soon enough. For both of us am sure!

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Good round though - how are the courses down there? Have you had much rain?

I play at Canford Magna. Our Riverside course was under two feet of water last week (happens every winter and recovers well!), but the harder Parkland is just wet. Playing longer than the winter yardage of 6113 because of this, but the greens are in good nick considering.

mrmotorbikeman

Club Champion
Visit site
congrats on the 80. thats one of my aims this year, to hit 80. i have shot 82's before, and i know that i can play a lot better as that included a lot of silly errors. shot an 85 on xmas eve with 2 lost balls and without really holing any putts, so i know its in there. have just got to concetrate on keeping it on the short stuff and swinging easily.

hope that you can now maintaing that level, although im sure its hard, and look towards that 79 (or less)