Clubhouse golf shop

Darren24

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi has anyone had an iron fitting session there and how do you rate them. I ask about this place as I would like to try the srixon z355 and this is the closest place to me. Do they have the gear to try different shafts with the heads or is it just off the shelf try stuff. Also will try other clubs but would like to try these out. I'm going to true fit in Warrington for a driver fitting next week but I phoned them and they don't do Srixon irons.Thanks

Darren

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi has anyone had an iron fitting session there and how do you rate them. I ask about this place as I would like to try the srixon z355 and this is the closest place to me. Do they have the gear to try different shafts with the heads or is it just off the shelf try stuff. Also will try other clubs but would like to try these out. I'm going to true fit in Warrington for a driver fitting next week but I phoned them and they don't do Srixon irons.Thanks

Darren

They have the fitting carts for lots of different manufacturers (including Srixon) and all the different shafts etc. Its a launch monitior and screen and your indoors. You hit prov1's too at Clubhouse whichbi thought was a nice touch.

Tru Fit has the same set up fitting wise but im not sure if they stock Srixon though, but Clubhouse definately do. Trufit has the launch monitor set up on the range so you can see the actual flight of the ball (rangeballs). My only gripe with Trufit is that the staff seem a bit moody and unhelpful whilst at Clubhouse they are the polar opposite.

Last edited:

Darren24

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That's a great heads up thanks junior. Will have to see what they are like Friday then when I have my driver fitting. Only costs £25 if I don't buy a club from them. Glad clubhouse golf have a variety of shafts for the clubs so you can try all the different options suggested to you and not just stock shafts.👍

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure where you are based, but Clarke's golf at Rainford also has the full fitting cart for Srixon.. Hitting into a range as well....

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another vote for Clarkes or Clubhouse.....

Tru fits range has you hitting uphill into the sun, so if it's a half decent day (unlikely I know) you struggle to see the ball flight.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's a great heads up thanks junior. Will have to see what they are like Friday then when I have my driver fitting. Only costs £25 if I don't buy a club from them. Glad clubhouse golf have a variety of shafts for the clubs so you can try all the different options suggested to you and not just stock shafts.

No problem. Sorry, I half-misunderstood your question :) I think Clubhouse have all the stock shafts for each driver and irons that are listed on their website. I'm not too sure that they have bespoke shaft options. Maybe give them a call.

For or weird and wonderful bespoke shafts, Your best bet is Tour-X golf which is in Ince near Wigan. You can try LOTS of different shafts, or just stock shafts but the bespoke ones are not cheap.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ARfM6iDHhQs
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bSZ_V0_QBoY

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
I would go for True Fit or Clarkes as they use doppler based fitting systems, Clubhouse use a system that does not look at side spin and uses vertical beams that calculate the speed the ball moves and the height between each of the beams.

I went for a fitting at Clubhouse and from that purchased 2 rescue clubs, when I tried these on a doppler based system and on the course the figures were completely different and I would not have made the purchase if I had accurate data.

If you are going for one club most places will fit you within the price of the club, so try to get somewhere with a range and if possible flightscope or CG2 technology so you know your readings will be accurate. Also check when they set the machine that the settings are neutral and match the weather you are fitting in or you usually play.

And as Junior said if you can find an independent (Tour X being a great north west one) they have all the non standard shaft that make fitting to your swing much more accurate.

Good luck.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Sat having lunch with one of the clubhouse guys. Yes they have shafts they can swap around.

They have GC2, and it does do side spin.

However, they're getting a new system a week on Wed.

Darren24

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks Steve and hobbit think I will wait a little and make my way upto clubhouse. See how I get on next Friday with the driver fitting at true fit. Will give clubhouse a call and have a chat with them I think. Thanks guys

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Sat having lunch with one of the clubhouse guys. Yes they have shafts they can swap around.

They have GC2, and it does do side spin.

However, they're getting a new system a week on Wed.

Great news they got CG2 now, the prob getting the add on to read head measurements etc to help decision making. I still dont think they stock non stock shafts, they have the options that come in each fitting carts as sent by the manufacturers. I'll call in tomorrow when in work to ask and find out. I'll post here tomorrow night