club length and weights

Visit site
hey guys. i'm new to the game and eagar to get better. i've only been to the driving range and the clubs i have are a set i bought from a friend. they are vantage impact and not very good i dont think. they feel heavy and too long. i'm wondering if you can get lighter clubs and if i mite need shorter clubs. any advice would be great.
cheers

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
So not abnormally built - which would mean 'standard' length clubs would not be hugely wrong for you.

32" 5 iron does seem short though - full sized ones are normally between about 35" and 36".

Golf clubs can feel quite awkward at first - until the arms, forearms, wrists and hands start working in sync (and the rest of the body is involved too).

Stay with it - though getting some advice or a starter lesson from the local Pro would seem a good idea too.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Get lessons before the bad habits creep in, will save you ££££££££ in the long run if you stick with the sport!

Visit site
So not abnormally built - which would mean 'standard' length clubs would not be hugely wrong for you.

32" 5 iron does seem short though - full sized ones are normally between about 35" and 36".

Golf clubs can feel quite awkward at first - until the arms, forearms, wrists and hands start working in sync (and the rest of the body is involved too).

Stay with it - though getting some advice or a starter lesson from the local Pro would seem a good idea too.
i think it was all to do with my stance. i reckon i was standing too close to the ball so the club was more upright. and also i dont think i was swinging properly. i've been watching videos on youtube ( cant afford lessons at the monoen) and the more i do it properly the easier it is to swing the club