Club distances

NeilWebb

Visit site
I played a short par 4 with a distance of 286 yard, I played a strong 3 iron and carried it 270+ yards, the wind was right to left, the ball landed in the middle of the 30 yard wide fairway, it was a really good shot, I'm just wondering if this is normal, I play off 8, I play once a fortnight if I play regular I know I could improve my handicap, I seen its possible because Bubba Watson hit a 3 iron 286 yards on a par 5

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played a short par 4 with a distance of 286 yard, I played a strong 3 iron and carried it 270+ yards, the wind was right to left, the ball landed in the middle of the 30 yard wide fairway, it was a really good shot, I'm just wondering if this is normal, I play off 8, I play once a fortnight if I play regular I know I could improve my handicap, I seen its possible because Bubba Watson hit a 3 iron 286 yards on a par 5

So no wind helping and you CARRIED a 3 iron 270+ hmmm Even Bubba only carried his 250ish and it ran on 35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoZ7JXkv6_o

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site

Did you wake up with sticky jimjams? :rolleyes:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Did you wake up with sticky jimjams? :rolleyes:

:D you will fit in here with those distances, did it spin back as well?

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I feel hopelessly outclassed by most people on here, am I the only one who can hit a 4 iron full on, any distance from 4 yards to 120 yards in any direction except behind me?

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
funnily enough I omitted my 3 and 4 iron in favour of hybrids, decided to drop my driver and take my 4 iron, hit a peach off the tea with it and now debating dropping the hybrids in favour of 4 and driver back in the bag!!