Close House Fitting

Charlatan30

Visit site
Hi, just wondered if any north east readers had any experience of fittings at Close House, specifically driver fittings?

It's time for a new driver and they seem to have the best facility in reasonable distance. Or is it worth the travel and extra cost to somewhere like SGGT?

Cheers.

Dicklaus

Visit site
Based on personal experience they are excellent on the fitting side - equipment & facilities. They do charge £25 for a fitting which is refunded if you buy the club(s). My preference is American Golf where, for me anyway, they take more time & don't charge.

Charlatan30

Visit site
Thanks for the reply, interesting to hear you say you prefer AG as they don't always have a good reputation when it comes to fitting.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
With AG it can vary from store to store and who does the fitting. I have had poor experiences from three different local stores which has always made me wary of going back for any others but there are loads on here that will tell you they had good experiences. I would suggest that Close House may be able to offer you more in terms of shaft options and arguably have better fitters and that would be the way I'd go

Dicklaus

Visit site
As Homer says, it's all down to the person fitting. Whether it's Close House, American Golf or anywhere else, I always "interview" the fitter if it's someone I don't know.
There should be no difference in shaft or other options if the place is an authorised fitter for the manufacturer in question.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My son had a chunk of money a couple of years ago and wanted some new irons. He went to AG at gosforth, got a really good fitting, he got it downto 2 strong options.

As he was spending a decent amount he wanted the full sexy Close house fitting as well, just for the hell of it. Very thorough, lovely set up, but he couldn't get on with the options there.

I took him straight back to AG, he hit the same clubs again, it was a model CH were not offering, and placed his order.

In essence, CH was a lovely experience and I would happily recommend it. Equally AG at Gosforth offered an excellent fitting.

Do both if you are comfortable with another option. CH is worth it to feel a bit special though ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As Homer says, it's all down to the person fitting. Whether it's Close House, American Golf or anywhere else, I always "interview" the fitter if it's someone I don't know.
There should be no difference in shaft or other options if the place is an authorised fitter for the manufacturer in question.

AG will have a stock number of shafts but have always found that independent fitters will have more options as you would expect so it depends whether you are happy for a popular model or are keen to try the funkier shafts out there. I also found that AG's stock of graphite wasn't as wide as their steel option so again if you have a desire to try graphite then another fitter may be the way to do. Clearly, AG in Gosforth are doing a good job and I recognise a lot of their stores do so so if the fitting is free then it gives you a solid starting point

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi, just wondered if any north east readers had any experience of fittings at Close House, specifically driver fittings?

It's time for a new driver and they seem to have the best facility in reasonable distance. Or is it worth the travel and extra cost to somewhere like SGGT?

Cheers.

Go to SGGT
Different class type of fitting
More importantly built correctly too

Charlatan30

Visit site
Thanks all for the replies, I might pop into AG gosforth to use as a starting point. Just to add to the complications i'm a lefty which often limits my options....

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks all for the replies, I might pop into AG gosforth to use as a starting point. Just to add to the complications i'm a lefty which often limits my options....
You usually have to book for a fitting but obviously you can pop in and get a feel for the place and set up. You can also see what brands they can offer you. If they are quiet then they can slip you in straight away.

In my experience they were not pushy so go along and enjoy yourself. Let us know how you get on, it is always interesting to hear how people find a fitting, positives and negatives.