Cleaning your gear

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Clubs I clean in a bucket after a round.. I wipe on towel when dirty on course .. so their never that dirty

Shoes I just got this https://bootbuddy.com/products/boot...1jaenGfUQj3sK5Jan57B0ztogvUU0oOxoCuwkQAvD_BwE

It’s really good. Fill it up leave in boot of car then clean them quickly after the round

Trolley? Pfft that’s what a trolley bag is for.. leave it muddy.. doesn’t affect it...

I keep seeing this and wondering if it would be a decent thing to have. Just fill it up with water?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't really bother. Will clean my clubs every couple of rounds (before a comp round probably), but my idea of cleaning them is just squirting a bit of water on the face and scrub with a groove brush. Not going to go to town on them because one hit next round and they're muddy again. Trolley I pretty much just let it be muddy. When the mud dries I'll scrape the excess chunks of it off and that's it - same logic really, as soon as you go out next time the wheels will be caked in mud again so why waste your time? Shoes I get them out the bag so they don't smell of damp or whatever, but again I don't go to town on cleaning them.

And I can't use the air-blaster thing at the golf club to clean them because the sound of it is unbearable to me. Like how some people liken it to fingernails down a chalkboard, the sound of that air blasting off things sends chills down my spine for some reason. When someone else is using it I race off to get out of earshot of the thing.

mhwgc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I played with a guy the other day who clearly doesn't clean his clubs but complained that he wasn't getting any spin from his wedges or short irons. The grooves were full of dried mud and he didn't get it!

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Clean the trolley once a month, along with bag and carry bag.

Clean shoes after every use, just to let them dry out as well. Currently rotating 3 pairs of shoes most weeks as I'm out at least 3 times a week.

Clean the club heads and grips once a month.

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
Has anyone tried coating the wheels of their trolley to help stop mud from sticking or making them easier to clean?
Just taken to carrying a wallpaper scraper in car for any none driven wheels I can't spin up clean in some rough.

Get the thick off the trolley while still soft and always use a trolley bag in car.
I was blasting with hose at home most weeks, but this is going to reduce trolley life.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Clean my shoes almost immediately, always have wonder wipes in the boot so after a good brush and air compressing they get a wipe over.

Clubs, next available moment the mrs isn't around as she only mocks me for how OCD i am when cleaning everything.

Trolley, only recently bought one and not yet used it as I didn't want to contribute to the wear on the course.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
at the moment i'm carrying, not normally an issue being links, but all the work going on with the course changes, you are having to cross digger and excavator tracks. my stuff stays in the locker at the club, shoes a blast with the air compressor and clubs a quick wipe with a towel after each shot.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Trolley is for summer use, I don’t agree with using trolleys in winter. The tracks just make the course look like crud.
Apparently clubs should have grooves. Mine are usually filled with mud.

Quick blow of the shoes.

LGC2019

Visit site
Clubs I clean in a bucket after a round.. I wipe on towel when dirty on course .. so their never that dirty

Shoes I just got this https://bootbuddy.com/products/boot...1jaenGfUQj3sK5Jan57B0ztogvUU0oOxoCuwkQAvD_BwE

It’s really good. Fill it up leave in boot of car then clean them quickly after the round

Trolley? Pfft that’s what a trolley bag is for.. leave it muddy.. doesn’t affect it...

I've got one of these they are great. Works well on just about anything, shoes, clubs, wheels etc

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
In the winter I tend to carry a half set which I clean as I go around, including the groove cleaner then the bag and clubs go in the garage till the next round. My shoes are leather dryjoys so I blast them at the club and leave them to dry in a warm place but not in direct heat and then will polish them when I deem it necessary.
In the summer my clubs stay in my locker so I tend to wipe them before they go in and my trolley is a GoKart which is so easy to clean which I only do once or twice a year. The main thing is to take the wheels off, give them a good clean and it looks like new. Summer shoes at the moment are synthetic Adidas so I just wipe them down but tbh I'm not worried if they're not sparkling white.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Airhose for shoes and trolley after the round (no trolley in winter ... the standbag stays realtively clean). When it is very muddy, I polish the shoes when I get home. I wipe the clubs during the round after almost every shot and give them a more throrough clean with a brush and running water about once a month.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I clean everything after a round - it takes me about 30 mins

The trolley gets a pressure washer blast in the back garden
Wipe down my bag with a damp cloth then once with an old dry towel
Each club gets a warm water and washing up liquid dunk with an old toothbrush - so do my shoes followed by a dry off with an old dry towel.