Cleaning White Shoes?

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Baby Wipes - cant beat em. :)

Then natural clear leather polish if you want/need to , depends how old your shoes are.

IME, once you start putting 'whitener' on, they start to look crap.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Very timely thread Echtloon!

Just treated myself to a pair of fj's only had black shoes before so was wondering how to keep 'em nice so thanks gents

Baby wipes won't be an issue with a 2 yr old about.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dubbin, and use it regularly.
White dubbin?

Clear dubbin - muck then just washes off
Cool, clear dubbin (which I've never seen actually) and baby wipes it is then!

Sorry, yes clear dubbin. spend some time with this for the first few weeks and they should stay pristine. Then every time after just wipe clean and re-dubbin them

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
It will only enhance it if anything, you can get clear polish (kiwi is the best) that will build up your waterproof layer, keep shoes strong and make them easy to clean.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
there is a product called nik-wax (can't remember whether this is the right spelling & they do many waterproofing items for shoes, boots & coats etc), it can be normally be found in a tin bottle as a liquid. (forcoats as spay) Its a waterproofing & conditioning agent for dubbing & can be used in advance of the usual dubbing tins. it will help soften leather to make wearing in a shoe or boot much better.

ColinR

Head Pro
Visit site
If waterproofing your shoes regularly is an issue, I can highly recommend 'Seal Skinz' Waterproof socks. They fit well, are warm, breathable and waterproof. Not only that but they're great for walking several miles in as well.

Thanks just ordered a pair, been looking for something like these. Hate wet feet !!!