Cleaning Footjoy XP Superlights

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My Footjoy XP Superlights have discoloured slightly, from brilliant white to a murky cream. They are really comfy and waterproof so reluctant to replace (plus they’re less than a year old and weren’t used in winter).

I’ve brought them home to clean. But how? They’ve got a synthetic almost nubuck layer which suggests sticking them in the washing machine is a no go. Anyone got a pair and have any tips?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My Footjoy XP Superlights have discoloured slightly, from brilliant white to a murky cream. They are really comfy and waterproof so reluctant to replace (plus they’re less than a year old and weren’t used in winter).

I’ve brought them home to clean. But how? They’ve got a synthetic almost nubuck layer which suggests sticking them in the washing machine is a no go. Anyone got a pair and have any tips?
Surely just warm water, detergent and and a bit of 'elbow grease' would do the trick. I'd never consider putting any golf shoes in a washing machine!

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Surely just warm water, detergent and and a bit of 'elbow grease' would do the trick. I'd never consider putting any golf shoes in a washing machine!
That’s the thing, with it being synthetic I don’t know about detergent. My wife suggested using a bar of Vanish. Just don’t want to ruin the waterproofness layer.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Give fabsil a go - it’s designed for waterproof clothing