Christmas holiday idea's?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A couple of years ago me and misses socks flew out to Egypt for Christmas and have decided to do the same again this year, but fancy somewhere different. We were looking at Cape Verde but it would seem December and January can be very windy here.

Other than the obvious suggestions of Dominican Republic , Mexico or morocco , is there any others that are worth a look at?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What sort of temps is it that time of year lads? My sister has just come back from Cuba and she loved it, but she done it with air b&b staying with locals etc

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Another vote for Thailand. Chicken Pad Thai with all the trimmings and not a Brussels sprout in sight.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As Satch says, anywhere that don't serve sprouts. Loved Cuba, what about a cruise.

HID suggest a cruise , we just haven't looked yet, had a pint around looking at Jamaica and Barbados but they were coming in well over a grand each higher than Cuba, Mexico and Dom rep.

Ps: I love sprouts!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Vietnam?

We wanted to get away from all the hoo-ha of Christmas so decided it would have to be to a) a non christian country (for obvious reasons) and b) probably non-muslim (for alcoholic reasons) so eventually settled on Vietnam. Thoroughly enjoyed it, but it you want to get away from Christmas - forget it. Never seen so many reindeer & Santa Clauses.

Rather depends on the type holiday you want though?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cape Verde is always windy, blowing out to sea the whole time during my now 3 visits to Boa Vista. That was end of May each time, with the temps around 29/30 so the breeze was very welcome.

U

User62651

OP didn't say it had to be hot so why not do an alpine getaway to Switzerland - Grindelwald or Zermatt are very scenic, lots to do even if you dont ski and both pretty as a picture, very Christmassy without trying.