Cherished Number Plates.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My dear departed Dad Brian George Murgatroyd owned a Citroen C3

The plate he chose from new was C3 BGM................ well he loved it :)
That sort of plate is, kind of, understandable....Still didn't rate it though.
But some of these plates where they are meant to spell out a name and, well, simply don't are beyond my comprehension.
Each to their own....

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Both my car's have private plates but they didn't cost the earth £250 and £300, just all our initials for 1 and my initials for the one that's been on all my car's since before I met the wife

Idea being is only have to remember 1 set of plates at car parks

Never have to really update apps as they don't store the car as much only the plate so each time it's transfer car time the plate moves across

Wife likes being able to spot the car in a car park

HeftyHacker

Visit site
My parents bought me one years ago and kept it on retention until I was 18. Unfortunately, I didn't have a car to put it on as I'd written theirs off 11 minutes after being insured and they'd had to use the money they'd squirrelled away to help me buy mine on a new one for themselves 😂.

It's nothing special but means something to me and is a conversation piece for when people ask what the first letter is for (I'm one of those weirdos that goes by their middle name).

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Drove past a car on my way home today that had JV 17 RDY as the number plate. Was spaced as "J V17RDY" so I'm assuming it was someone called J Vardy. Fairly certain it wasn't the famous one as it was a regular looking car in north Suffolk, not Leicester.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just had a look online. I can buy a number plate with the wife and my initials and '69’ in between for only £450 all in. Might be a nice surprise Christmas present this year. 😂

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Drove past a car on my way home today that had JV 17 RDY as the number plate. Was spaced as "J V17RDY" so I'm assuming it was someone called J Vardy. Fairly certain it wasn't the famous one as it was a regular looking car in north Suffolk, not Leicester.
I think he has J9 VDY on his Bentley.

After wasting millions on a stupid court case, he might be on the lookout for,

T 05 SER

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
IanMcC : Personal number plates are great, because they are like a tax on the stupid!
Me : How so?
IanMcC : :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Rather than laugh at me, can't you just explain what I'm missing?

Last edited: