Cheeky Monkeys!

HairyBullet

Visit site
Just a little heads up to Golf Courses around the North West,some characters been caught on CCTV yesterday sneaking onto Ashton in Makerfield GC.
Parked up on driveway before barrier,cheeky we will pay subs boys and you go and enjoy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Course report came through last night and it mentioned they had some people playing. Not sure there is a lot they can do on a skeleton staff ... may be some of those nature cameras but resolution is poor.

Chico84

Visit site
Thought the rangers would have moved them on

As far as I can see the rangers just drive about in their land rover occasionally but don’t actually do anything. Watched them drive past a group of quite a few people sitting around with their bikes on the floor and do nothing to shift them along. Maybe they’d say something to anyone golfing but the evidence so far doesn’t suggest they would.

D

Deleted member 17920

Calcot Park in Reading have apparently caught two members playing twice and both have now been expelled from the club.
Damn right.

Great example to be set to all members.

Its disappointing that people are actually playing but I am not surprised these days with how low society is in general.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Damn right.

Great example to be set to all members.

Its disappointing that people are actually playing but I am not surprised these days with how low society is in general.
To be honest, I'm not sure society is any lower now than it has ever been. If you look at how people behaved in other eras, there were always lots of people like that. It's just more visible these days.
However, it's good to see the club taking a stand. The trick is catching them. At our course, you can't really leave your car anywhere but in the car park. With others you could just park nearby and just jump over a hedge or walk in.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shame... I know a few members at Ashton who really take pride in their club. Am sure there are inconsiderate ____________ (insert word) all over the country who are chancing their arm. So frustrating..... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

D

Deleted member 25172

Have had reports from our clubs as well about people having been caught playing. Don’t know if any members though, but if so, I hope the club take same stance as Calcot Park.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just a little heads up to Golf Courses around the North West,some characters been caught on CCTV yesterday sneaking onto Ashton in Makerfield GC.
Parked up on driveway before barrier,cheeky we will pay subs boys and you go and enjoy it.
We have the same problem .
But we have found if you confront them they come back and damage the greens.
There isn’t an answer as the police are to busy to deal with this , it’s trivial in the scheme of things now.

sunshine

Visit site
Have had reports from our clubs as well about people having been caught playing. Don’t know if any members though, but if so, I hope the club take same stance as Calcot Park.

I've always imagined it's very easy to jump on to Mill Hill. Clubhouse is a long way from the course, nothing stopping you parking on the road nearby and just walking on.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Kris hasn't been on here for a while wonder if he's been caught travelling to Carnoustie with his clubs or maybe Royal Troon its closer! Might be locked up by now for being a serial offender.

D

Deleted member 25172

I've always imagined it's very easy to jump on to Mill Hill. Clubhouse is a long way from the course, nothing stopping you parking on the road nearby and just walking on.

Yeah, that’s exactly it. I’ve had doubts many a time even during opening hours as to who some on the course are and if they’ve paid for themselves. As you say, just to walk straight on. Bit annoying.

On a positive note is that from the pictures it’s starting to look like a golf course again rather than the bog it’s been all through winter! :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To be honest, I'm not sure society is any lower now than it has ever been. If you look at how people behaved in other eras, there were always lots of people like that. It's just more visible these days.
However, it's good to see the club taking a stand. The trick is catching them. At our course, you can't really leave your car anywhere but in the car park. With others you could just park nearby and just jump over a hedge or walk in.
In theory you can park near the racecourse, adjacent to the practice ground and either cut across the practice area or if you are on foot and carrying can squeeze past the electric gates. The biggest risk would be playing the first and teeing off the 2nd which are in site of the steward and GM's cottages and the green keepers shed. Same playing up nine. I would love to see my club do the same as Calcot if we've any members still playing although I've not heard any rumours