Cheap flight finders

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only ever done package holidays before but looking at doing a couple of weekend city breaks instead this year. Whats a reliable site for cheap flights anyone can recommend?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I agree Skyscanner is good. There’s also an app called Cheapflights which does the same job. Or Expedia.co.uk. They’re all pretty much of a muchness.

Be mindful that most of these options will throw up some very cheap flights but make sure you have your search filters set for direct flights only, as the cheapest options invariably involve a layover at another airport. If you’re staying in Europe you certainly don’t want to be wasting time doing that. As an example, we’re flying to Dubrovnik in the summer, and the cheapest option involved a 23 hour journey via Zagreb!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We look at a company called “ Secret escapes” They usually have decent deals. We always cross reference the hotel with TripAdvisor to check the hotel itself.
If not we will fly with Ryanair or easyJet. That can be an evening looking at flights, where they go to then looking at 2 or 3 hotels. Book flights first then hotels after.
Had a good five days in Gdańsk in November doing it that way. It was cheap as chips. One other thing we did. UBER. It can be a get out of jail card. Download the app. When we arrived at Gdańsk airport it took less than a minute for the Taxi to turn up. It could of been slightly cheaper catching the bus. But the difference was 20 mins arrival in a taxi to the hotel, as against 90 minutes waiting for bus, drop off in City, walk to hotel. if you are only going for a weekend, efficient Management of time is required. ??

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Skyscanner is the best. However when you look ensure you go direct to the website os the airline you are travelling with rather than all the other companies that are trying to sell flights.

Try this link but have to admit I am not the best at cut and paste. If not type ‘cheap flights, Fascinating Aida on You Tube, quite old but funny!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...=ZAg0lUYHHFc&usg=AOvVaw10G3j6JShTeX4h6eKReKB6

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depends where you are going, many european cities only have a handful of options. Usually BA, Destination local airline, and then sometimes a budget airline.

Easiest way to find out who flies there is look at the arrivals section of the destination airport and go from there. 80% of the time I end up on a BA plane.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Skyscanner is the best. However when you look ensure you go direct to the website os the airline you are travelling with rather than all the other companies that are trying to sell flights.

Try this link but have to admit I am not the best at cut and paste. If not type ‘cheap flights, Fascinating Aida on You Tube, quite old but funny!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjpzrCbysz1AhVtk4kEHXYfB_8QyCl6BAgFEAM&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAg0lUYHHFc&usg=AOvVaw10G3j6JShTeX4h6eKReKB6

I think you mean this; not for the easily offended!!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
As above, it depends where you are going? I haven’t been on a package holiday since 1981, I prefer to sort everything myself, although my next golf trip in March has all been arranged via Golfbreaks, including the flights, so could technically be classed as a package deal.

Skyscanner.net and cheapflights.co.uk are both good, but I also find going direct to the airline often brings up good deals. I have frequently used Finnair, BA and KLM directly when going to Japan. I’ve also used H.I.S. london who sometimes have very good offers for Japan.

Easyjet and Ryan Air can both be economical but you get what you pay for. Best pay for priority boarding so you can take hold baggage, if you don’t and your cabin bag doesn’t fit under the seats, you will have to pay extra at a higher rate than when you book. As long as you accept that you are paying very little for a cheap air bus, they can be a good option for UK and Europe.

Last edited:

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I usually use skyscanner and google flights to find the best flights and cheapest times, then check with the airline directly to see if I can get it for the same / less price. Booking directly is much easier incase you need to make changes etc. It can be difficult to deal with 3rd party ticket sellers as they add their own fees on top of the airline fees for tickets changes.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only ever done package holidays before but looking at doing a couple of weekend city breaks instead this year. Whats a reliable site for cheap flights anyone can recommend?

we were after a city break and only booked it yeterday. I have always fancied Lisbon and booked for 4 days from 2 March with BA package deal. Zara had a look and it seemed better value through BA than booking the budget airlines and hotels seperately. 4 nights in 5 start hotel, with flights and bagage etc and it was circa £670 for both of us.

Will do another short break to Amsterdam later

https://www.britishairways.com/en-g...&saleOption=PAKFH&depDate=21-02-22&duration=2