Charging Motocaddy battery advice

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Quick question , just got a Motocaddy lithium and it says to charge after use for 3-5 hours.
My question is, if I charge straight after my round on a Saturday or Sunday will the charge be fine for when I play a week later?
is there anything else I should know?

D

Deleted member 16999

Quick question , just got a Motocaddy lithium and it says to charge after use for 3-5 hours.
My question is, if I charge straight after my round on a Saturday or Sunday will the charge be fine for when I play a week later?
I charge mine straight after use, switch it off once green light comes on and then use it next time it’s needed, whether that be next day, week or 2 weeks, any longer I put it back on charge to confirm the green light.
Had no issues or problems.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I charge mine straight after use, switch it off once green light comes on and then use it next time it’s needed, whether that be next day, week or 2 weeks, any longer I put it back on charge to confirm the green light.

Plus one for this

Charge when I get home from golf

Put away and top up if not used for 2 weeks

Dellboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have 2 x 36 hole batteries, both fully charged and were never used for over 5 months due to illness, started using them last week with out topping them up, first one lasted 36 + holes ( took it down to driving range twice) second one has also done 36 and still showing 2 bars on the trolley.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My 36 hole battery (Motocaddy) usually takes just over an hour to charge after 18 holes and then I disconnect it. I only ever leave it longer if I get home late at night. It always holds the charge if I don't use it for a period like a holiday.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
The advantage of lithium batteries is they don’t lose their charge like lead acid do so will still be fully charged long after they were taken off charge.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

Yes. I always soon after playing as possible. The charge will keep because it's a lithium battery.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Mine goes straight on charge when I get in, and comes off charge when the light is on and then sits happily in the utility room until the following weekend without a problem. I think from memory and having read the instructions when I got it, fully charging it and then taking off charge and leaving it is the Motocaddy advice

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I dont have a Motocaddy, but do use a lithium ion battery. It goes on charge when I get home from golf, and stays on charge until the next time I play, whether it's 1 day, week or month (unlikely)

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

+1 for this. Not had a problem in 2 years of service.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just charge mine when i get home and leave it on charge TBH
Shhh.....people don't want to hear that.

I've always believed the most important part of the process overall, for lead acid or LiOn, is to minimise the time left discharged. I have always put mine on charge within minutes of returning home; always. It gets left on charge until I play again or about a week has passed and I reunite it with the trolley...

Seems to work fine for mine.