Changing Driver... Decisions Decisions

oo7ml

Visit site
Hi,

I'm going to purchase a new driver over the next 2 weeks.

I've had a King Kobra LV4 for the last 10 years... which I still like.

I hit a friends M1 and M2 recently and I was amazed a how different and better it felt and the extra distance... every marginal gain helps in this game :)

I plan on visiting my local Pro Shop and Driving Range to test a few different clubs... however is there any driver in particular that you would recommend.

I understand that most people will probably recommend what they have in their bag for obvious reasons, but any recommendations would help... thanks.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
What ever you get make sure you have a fitting I did this a few months back and now my driving is the best it’s ever been and my misses not half as bad I went for a Taylormade m4 and it’s a beast played this morning and only missed one fairway (becoming the norm with the big stick )also its sooooo forgiving .

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a M4 and really struggled with it.
I have a steep aoa so was fitted with a low launch shaft to keep the spin down,
I just couldn’t control it so swapped for a 12* ping G400 awesome golf club so much easier than M4 imo.

You need a good fitter and get what suits you forget about names, I would have a teapot on a stick if it was consistent and long enough.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Certainly give the M4 a try. I had an M1 for about 6 months but could not find a shaft I liked to go with it and did not hit it at all consistently and went back to my faithful old R9. I bought an M4 fitted with a Bassara e 42 shaft (not the stock shaft) last week (2nd hand) and got on with it almost instantly.

I have still got a few shafts around so I might try with the others just to see if they do make any difference as the Bassara is just a little too high for me but something I can live with.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Definately have a fitting. But there in lies a problem. What clubs are available for a fitting. Am with Homer. Deffo have a look at Ping. I had a TM and just could not get on with it. What hcap you playing off. Reason I ask was at one time distance was king. It was a male big balls thing knowing you can smash it XXX yards. However the dispersion and forgivness is poor. You may lose 10 yards on one driver but 9/10 your ball is sat on the fairway.
Enjoy and let us know how you go on. 👍