Change of Posted results - help

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi there,

I wonder if some of the rules gurus could help with this one?

We have a situation where we had a club pairs comp (better ball, stableford) just before Christmas (15/16 December).

The scores were calculated and posted but it later came to light, around a week later, that the scores had been entered incorrectly into the computer (full hc allowance had been used, not 90% as should have been)

This actually meant a change in winners and the team who had been announced as winners are now 2nd. At the time of the competition they thought they were 2nd too as the winners had scored 2 more points than them.

Now I dont know exactly how it happened, other than perhaps one team already calculated the 90% already and entered these scores, and the other team just used full handicap. But the upshot is that the team who initially thought they had won in the clubhouse have indeed now been awarded the comp. After the first posting, they were 2nd.

This seems to be logical, there was an error and the this was rectified and reposted. BUT, the team who now are 2nd are complaining that this shouldnt happen.

We have a handicap meeting tomorrow night, and it may be that the HC Sec has a full grasp on things but I wanted to check for myself so I could at least add to the discussion if need be.

Thanks in advance

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm taking it that you input the gross score into the PC and that works everything out? If so, it should use the same handicap allowances (9/10's or 3/4's etc...) for everyone. If they have input an incorrect gross score into the PC which has increased their stableford score, then that's fine as it's the scorecard that matters.

However was there no manual check on their actual scorecard? Surely that's the thing that should be checked fully, especially for the teams in the prizes, to stop anything like that occuring?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Which handicap software do you use?

But

20.2d/2
Administrative Errors Should Always Be Corrected

The time frame in Rule 20.2d, which deals with penalties, does not apply to administrative mistakes by the Committee. There is no time limit for correcting administrative mistakes.
For example, there is no time limit in correcting:
  • A handicap that was miscalculated by the Committee causing another player to win the competition.
  • A prize that was given to the wrong player after the Committee failed to post the winner's score.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks Rulefan.

Im not actually sure what software we use, but I have just asked the question, so as soon as I have the answer I will reply.

Cheers

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Software we use is Club v1 apparently, if that helps?
If the competition had been set up according to the ClubV1 instructions the 90% calculation would be done automatically. ie the gross scores should have been entered.
The administrative error should be corrected.
Simply undo the competition and run it again correctly. You may have to check with CSI to see if the data has to be reentered.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the competition had been set up according to the ClubV1 instructions the 90% calculation would be done automatically. ie the gross scores should have been entered.
The administrative error should be corrected.
Simply undo the competition and run it again correctly. You may have to check with CSI to see if the data has to be reentered.

Just on one point, the correct handicap allowance still has to be entered for the automatic calculations to be made.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just on one point, the correct handicap allowance still has to be entered for the automatic calculations to be made.

From my experience with Handicapmaster 90% handicap for Fourballs is set automatically in accordance with CONGU rules. I would have thought that this would be the case for all licensed ISVs.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
V1 gives you options to put in whatever handicap value you wish to use unfortunately.
It's many years since I used Club2000 (as it was). Does it not provide the facility to set up template competition formats rather that setting up each one individually??