Championship and below 2015/16

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
No new signings likely, and two of our best players, captain and keeper both gone. Have a horrible feeling I could be trying to find Fleetwood on the map next season. :eek:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Also no new signings, and with last seasons high profile loanee's back at their home club, e.g. Bamford and Vossen, I fear Boro won't make the play off's. Almost half of last season's first team were loanee's, and all are now gone.

Some new signings are urgently needed, or we'll see a season similar to the brief spells under Strachen and Mowbray's reigns.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Mackie and Chalobah gone back to their clubs, so looks like it will be the kids this season. We have some really good ones but not sure about throwing four or five in at once.:eek:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also no new signings, and with last seasons high profile loanee's back at their home club, e.g. Bamford and Vossen, I fear Boro won't make the play off's. Almost half of last season's first team were loanee's, and all are now gone.

Vossen has been linked with a move to Hillsborough depending on which website you visit.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thought I would start a new thread for supporters of teams outside the premiership.:thup:

Cup draw has taken place, and the mighty Royals have Colchester away. Must admit I can't get too excited about that one. Any decent ties out there ?

League fixtures out tomorrow. :whoo:

I'll try and remember to troll you more this season when Forest do the double on Reading :cheers:

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
You must be Aztecs30 plus by now.:ears::whoo:

Are you ever allowed off the lead to play these days ?

31 actually :(

Of course mate, been stupidly busy (still am) and find myself cycling more these days, but would love to pop down to see you at Blackmoor sometime soon if you want to arrange a date?

I'll landscape the 9th tee box again :D

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
31 actually :(

Of course mate, been stupidly busy (still am) and find myself cycling more these days, but would love to pop down to see you at Blackmoor sometime soon if you want to arrange a date?

I'll landscape the 9th tee box again :D
You are always welcome, and you will be pleased to know the 9th tee has just about recovered. :thup:

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We didn't have our usual centre back pairing that day, as our Captain was out. Oh wait, he has now left and we could have the same pairing again.:eek:

Our Dimmy has been given some time off to recover as he was in action for the England Under 19's over the summer, so I doubt he will feature in the first game of the season. Perhaps see him during our Capital One Cup Tie with Bristol Rovers. Although this is all well, providing we don't get an offer we cant turn down for him. The signals coming out of St.Andrews are positive ATM....

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well Next week Blackpool Supporters Trust are holding a press conference to announce a takeover bid for the club, I assume they have backers maybe even the Club President and 20% shareholder Valeri Belekon, a Latvian banker. I await to see how the Oystons will react to it, but sadly I have a feeling that they will just ignore it.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good win for my lot last night against a very under strength West Ham team but the most pleasing thing was that at the end we had 6 players on the pitch that had come through our academy. And the reports are that there are quite a few more that will be pushing for places in the first team squad this year.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Good win for my lot last night against a very under strength West Ham team but the most pleasing thing was that at the end we had 6 players on the pitch that had come through our academy. And the reports are that there are quite a few more that will be pushing for places in the first team squad this year.
Love it when we have academy players getting into the first team. We had a record number play last season, 11 from memory. Three or four could be regulars this season. Watch out for Fosu, who reminds me of a young Wright Phillips.

Looking forward to our friendly against Espanyol.

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
looks like it will be the kids this season. We have some really good ones but not sure about throwing four or five in at once.:eek:

Love it when we have academy players getting into the first team. We had a record number play last season, 11 from memory. Three or four could be regulars this season.

So just out of interest, where's the right balance then? Not 4 or 5, but possibly 3 or 4? :D

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you got points on past glories you'd walk it, with Sheff Wed second...

Aw, c'mon. If anyone wins the "living on past glories trophy" it's got to be us. It may be 35 years ago, but we'll still shove our glory in yer mush. Ok, we've faded a bit, but we're still the best team in Nottingham. Just.