Championship and below 2015/16

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Blackpool will be getting knocked out by Northampton in the cup, sadly until the owners go I cannot see any great hope, although the new manager Neil Macdonald does seem to be taking the right approach so far, whether he can get the chairman to loosen the purse strings and finally spend some of the premiership money remains to be seen.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Newport County at home for us (Wolves)

Without sounding like an arrogant sod I'd say it's one of the biggest games in their history.

Would've liked an away game somewhere new but oh well.

Great thread by the way.

Hahahahahahahaha....:D:D:D:D... You've got great history, just like Sheff Wed.... or Accrington Stanley.... "who are you, who are you?"

If you got points on past glories you'd walk it, with Sheff Wed second... but... anyway good luck with that mid table position.

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Away to Brentford for us. I can barely contain my excitement, gutted that I will still be in the south of France for that first week and will have to miss it.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hahahahahahahaha....:D:D:D:D... You've got great history, just like Sheff Wed.... or Accrington Stanley.... "who are you, who are you?"

If you got points on past glories you'd walk it, with Sheff Wed second... but... anyway good luck with that mid table position.

Sheffield United fan by chance?

Our history is pretty great, thanks for pointing that out

Last edited:

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Glad we're going out early in the league cup so we can focus on the relegation battle to come.

I like Fulham and going to Craven Cottage was always a treat (notwithstanding we always lose!). There's a big danger that without appropriate investment the club will start to lose the fanbase it built up in the last 15 years. Did attendences start to slip last season?

Looking into my crystal ball, it's hard to see much beyond a relegation fight this season and potentially relegation. On the otherhand of course, it's the championship so you might make the play offs! Who knows?!

It's a funny old league, the teams that get promoted often seem to go on to do well which wasn't always the case in the past so there does seem to be a greater level of rotation.

I'd expect Preston, MK Dons and Bristol City to be much better than Millwall and Blackpool, and probably Wigan too. The promotion and relegation battle is likely to rumble on right to the end of the season. Much better entertainment than the premier league.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Birmingham away to start with, followed by dirty Leeds at home.:mmm: We got zero points from those fixtures last season.:(