Celtic Manor - 2022

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi all,

i know this is in the wrong sub forum but this one gets more traffic at this time of year

just seeing if there is much interest in a trip to Celtic Manor in April 2022 (maybe 24th) to replace the Old Farts meet or even take it over.

looking at the website you can do a "Ryder Cup two course package" which includes:

One night’s accommodation with breakfast at the four star Coldra Court Hotel
An allocation of £20 per adult, per night towards dinner
18 holes of golf on The Twenty Ten course
18 holes of golf on either the Roman Road or Montgomerie course
Full use of Springs Health Club facilities throughout your stay

there is no meal allowance if we stay in the main hotel.

as a rough idea of costs, the pricing for April (based on sharing a twin room) this year is;

Mon - Thursday £216
Fri + Sat £265
Sunday £245

Single occupancy supplement applies at £38 per night.

i haven't made any enquires with the hotel yet as I wanted to get an idea on numbers.

if anyone else was planning on arranging a meet and this clashes with their plans then i am happy to hold fire.

James

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
FYI - the Coldra Court is "off site" and on the other side of the big roundabout at Junction 24 of the M4. (it used to be the Hilton) Shuttle busses run back and forth if you don't want to drive it, 5 mins or so once you are on the bus!

Also, the 9s have been swapped on the Monty to incorporate a joint half way house with the Roman Road Course. I haven't been to see it yet, but if you walk it, there is a right trek from 9th Green to 10th tee now, so unless all in buggies, I'd be defaulting to the Roman Road Course! :)

I'm only 15 mins up the road, so if you need any info/help please shout, I can advise/organise additional games if needed (much nearer the time) - I'd be interested in playing if dates work!

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry, but that’s too much for me, as I’m trying to organise a links weekend for my 50th this year as well. If the old farts isn’t going ahead when do you reckon you’ll be able to return deposits?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sorry, but that’s too much for me, as I’m trying to organise a links weekend for my 50th this year as well. If the old farts isn’t going ahead when do you reckon you’ll be able to return deposits?

Old farts for this year, is hopefully going ahead unless they switch the world off tonight

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Having played Celtic Manor I'll leave it at this point and perhaps let others who haven't have first dibs. If numbers are shorter nearer the time I could make up the numbers (assuming 55 is an old fart)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Don’t wanna hijack too much fella,

Me and 3 Mates are planning on going this year, having done so in 2018.
It can be done quite a bit cheaper midweek if people are ok with that.

EVERY Xmas and New year they do sales. Can get experience packages for 2010 course at £108 and the other two at £51.

We’re going tue-thur. paid £267 for a round on all 3 courses. bacon roll and two course meal each day And includes Staying at the Purple Palace which is on roundabout by Celtic manor And has a beefeater For beers in the evening.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Don’t wanna hijack too much fella,

Me and 3 Mates are planning on going this year, having done so in 2018.
It can be done quite a bit cheaper midweek if people are ok with that.

EVERY Xmas and New year they do sales. Can get experience packages for 2010 course at £108 and the other two at £51.

We’re going tue-thur. paid £267 for a round on all 3 courses. bacon roll and two course meal each day And includes Staying at the Purple Palace which is on roundabout by Celtic manor And has a beefeater For beers in the evening.

thanks for the heads up mate. I'll look into it

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Just be aware that rounds on the RR and Monty courses can usually be booked on line at much less than the £51 above... depends on how good the food is!! Aim to spend about £30ish on the green fees (regardless of what their blurb says)

Yeah I agree last minute you can get it cheaper mate. But if the numbers of going get high, may be easier to get on at same time paying a little extra.