CDH Errors!

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a medal result (at my away course just to further complicate matters) from December (I got a cut) which mysteriously vanished from our system (when it was updated and my January medal score came over). Our handicap secretary manually added it back in and all was fine.... Except that they've just updated the system and my latest CDH score (February medal) came across and the December one vanished again!

Apart from being a bit irritating, both my exact and playing handicaps are currently wrong on the system and I don't know whether the problem is with my club or the CDH. My fear is that if the club manually add it again it'll likely disappear shortly afterwards....

Any thoughts for how to resolve it would be gratefully received!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't think changing at your own club automatically updates the CDH, I believe you have to tell it to update that too, could be wrong but it is a possible reason why they are different.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a medal result (at my away course just to further complicate matters) from December (I got a cut) which mysteriously vanished from our system (when it was updated and my January medal score came over). Our handicap secretary manually added it back in and all was fine.... Except that they've just updated the system and my latest CDH score (February medal) came across and the December one vanished again!

Apart from being a bit irritating, both my exact and playing handicaps are currently wrong on the system and I don't know whether the problem is with my club or the CDH. My fear is that if the club manually add it again it'll likely disappear shortly afterwards....

Any thoughts for how to resolve it would be gratefully received!

I rather doubt if the problem lies with CDH. After all, it relies completely on what is fed into it by the club. What will normally happen is that the Away club will report your score when it uploads to CDH and, when your club next uploads there will be a prompt to accept or reject the score. If your handicap sec has already manually entered your score, then he/she would reject it. I suspect the problem lies with your club.

What handicapping software does your club use?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like when I get them to add it again I need to make sure they also upload it to CDH.....

They use Master Scoreboard

We also use Handicapmaster/Masterscoreboard and their interface with CDH is faultless, so I am even more persuaded that the problem is with your club's input.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
We also use Handicapmaster/Masterscoreboard and their interface with CDH is faultless, so I am even more persuaded that the problem is with your club's input.

There was a glitch when it first came over, it didn't work the first time. Pretty sure something has got screwed up in the process....

D

Deleted member 15344

Do the away club still have the score on their system ?

If they just ensure its there and ensure it's downloaded to CDH then your club can pick it up ?

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do the away club still have the score on their system ?

If they just ensure its there and ensure it's downloaded to CDH then your club can pick it up ?

It's still there. They published it to CDH and it came over to my home club. Now it's not on the home club system and not on the CDH. Something went wrong with the home club and that wiped it from CDH.

D

Deleted member 15344

It's still there. They published it to CDH and it came over to my home club. Now it's not on the home club system and not on the CDH. Something went wrong with the home club and that wiped it from CDH.

Would see if your away club can publish it to CDH again and then your home club pick it up

Think your home club putting it in might have caused an issue ( but just a guess )

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would see if your away club can publish it to CDH again and then your home club pick it up

Think your home club putting it in might have caused an issue ( but just a guess )

My home club only put it in after the first time it vanished.

That's another route I was thinking about but not sure the away club would be able to just re-publish my score and not all the scores from that comp. Home club is responsible for controlling the handicap so I think the onus should be on them. Will have a chat anyway and see what they think....

D

Deleted member 15344

My home club only put it in after the first time it vanished.

That's another route I was thinking about but not sure the away club would be able to just re-publish my score and not all the scores from that comp. Home club is responsible for controlling the handicap so I think the onus should be on them. Will have a chat anyway and see what they think....

Yeah the home club is responsible for your HC but your away club is responsible for the scores being on CDH for your home club to attach.

It doesn't take much for the away club to publish to CDH again.

D

Deleted member 15344

Point is they already did that successfully once.

Yep - I have had to publish scores twice to CDH before when issues have had and have also had to speak to away clubs about scores issues.

If it's on the away system then it should be on the CDH - that appears to be one issue that could have started all the other issues.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it's on the away system then it should be on the CDH - that appears to be one issue that could have started all the other issues.

No, it's not. It could never have got into the home club system if the away club hadn't published it successfully. Somehow the home club managed to wipe it from CDH.

D

Deleted member 15344

No, it's not. It could never have got into the home club system if the away club hadn't published it successfully. Somehow the home club managed to wipe it from CDH.
Unless it's different from Clubsystems - the comp score is held at the away club - that score is sent to CDH - your home club accepts just your score and adjust if needed. But the comp score for each person is controlled on CDH by the club originating the score - they are ones that publish the score so I can't see how the home club has managed to delete just your score from CDH ?!
The away club could have deleted something to make it go

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah the home club is responsible for your HC but your away club is responsible for the scores being on CDH for your home club to attach.
Sounds like the club accepted it and entered manually which, if true would take two seconds to suss.

LP may have been a finger issue, but player is responsible for HC, the club is responsible for the HC record which I suspect is what you mean.

D

Deleted member 15344

Sounds like the club accepted it and entered manually which, if true would take two seconds to suss.

LP may have been a finger issue, but player is responsible for HC, the club is responsible for the HC record which I suspect is what you mean.

Yes that's what I mean :thup:
All seems very strange thing for something that is simple

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unless it's different from Clubsystems - the comp score is held at the away club - that score is sent to CDH - your home club accepts just your score and adjust if needed. But the comp score for each person is controlled on CDH by the club originating the score - they are ones that publish the score so I can't see how the home club has managed to delete just your score from CDH ?!
And your club can do an away scores check directly on the CDH system if required.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site

I'm fairly certain the problem occurred at the home club end. Even if the away club republish it, the score was almost 3 months ago and won't come over automatically now anyway. So easier for me to get the home club to fix it (if they can) than to try and get them both to coordinate a resolution.