Casual round

Mark Ringstead

Visit site
Hi all hope someone can help.
During the winter months my home course is preferred lies through general area of play, this results in a non qualifying course for handicap purpose.
Yet still players can enter a casual card via the my England golf app.
Does anyone know how you can grey out a course so I can not be selected for a casual round.
Thanks

D-S

Visit site
During the winter months my home course is preferred lies through general area of play, this results in a non qualifying course for handicap purpose.
Does anyone know how you can grey out a course so I can not be selected for a casual round.
Thanks
The club should switch off the tees in the WHS portal if the course is not qualifying for handicap, this is an obligation of the Club/Committee.
It is not difficult to do, if they don't know how to do it there is a video on the EG website here is a link:-

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks

The course could opt for 'lift clean and replace' by LR in the rough and it will allow for GP cards and qualifying comps.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The course could opt for 'lift clean and replace' by LR in the rough and it will allow for GP cards and qualifying comps.
Can't persuade ours to take this on as they think it is open to abuse :unsure: as of course lots of rules are. Another reason used is that the course is not fit for Q-golf, though we are repeatedly getting plenty of 40+pts scores.
Is there any other folk using 'lift clean and replace' to retain Q-golf or are folk facing similar resistance as I'm meeting?

NearHull

Visit site
Can't persuade ours to take this on as they think it is open to abuse :unsure: as of course lots of rules are. Another reason used is that the course is not fit for Q-golf, though we are repeatedly getting plenty of 40+pts scores.
Is there any other folk using 'lift clean and replace' to retain Q-golf or are folk facing similar resistance as I'm meeting?
We have both LRs in place. Lift, clean and place on closely mown areas and lift, clean and replace in the general area, the latter is often referred to as the cheat’s charter. We keep the Red and Blue courses qualifying, bring in the White tee markers and allow the green staff to position the ‘daily’ Yellow tees where they wish , thereby ‘dequalifying’ ( is that a real word?) the Yellow course. The Blue tees are a shorter course that some members deem too short for their image!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I tried to bring it in on an occasional basis but it was firm no from the other committee members.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

Used from this week for the first time ever. The ridiculous amount of rain we have had led to the committee deciding to implement it. There was no real resistance from any committee member - discussed, argued and agreed.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They felt too many would treat it as 'lift clean and place'.
Same thoughts my lot had, though we still trust them with taking "nearest point of relief" rather than "niciest". Makes no sense at all!
If implemented at least the scores from their actions would have an impact on H/cap & fellow players may even help to 'police' the ruling.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Same thoughts my lot had, though we still trust them with taking "nearest point of relief" rather than "niciest". Makes no sense at all!
If implemented at least the scores from their actions would have an impact on H/cap & fellow players may even help to 'police' the ruling.
If players cheat to 'improve' their score when placing rather than replacing, they are only going to affect their ability to win competitions.

LizAig

Visit site
The club should switch off the tees in the WHS portal if the course is not qualifying for handicap, this is an obligation of the Club/Committee.
It is not difficult to do, if they don't know how to do it there is a video on the EG website here is a link:-
Our course is turned off for qualifying in general rounds and I can still create a card and enter scores! I haven’t gone far enough through to see if I can submit though

D-S

Visit site
Our course is turned off for qualifying in general rounds and I can still create a card and enter scores! I haven’t gone far enough through to see if I can submit though
If the tees are turned off in the WHS portal the score should not be able to be valid for entry onto the WHS record. However, scores might well enter your record on your ISV but they will have nothing to do with your WHS Handicap Record.

rubidius

Banned
Visit site
I've had the same issue with non-qualifying courses before, but I'm not sure about the specifics of how to grey out a course on my England golf app. Have you tried reaching out to customer support for help? They may have some solutions for you.On the other hand, if you're looking for a change of scenery, have you checked out Golf Travel Centre ( https://www.golftravelcentre.com ) ? I've checked their website, and it seems like they've got destinations all over the world. Whether you're looking for a casual round or a competitive tournament.

Last edited: